I don't know what to do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know what to do

So my parents fight a lot even though they are separated when ever thay see each other their is yelling and screaming. I can handle that though. The problem is my brother. For over 5 years he's been extremely abusive. It's mainly verbal abuse but it can get to the point of physical abuse. When he is physical it's not just hitting, he'll choke me hit me with metal objects and things like that. He's even thrown a knife at me. I have depression and I'm on medicine for it. In fact I've even been to the hospital for suicidal thoughts. Because of all of the stuff at home I've always wanted to run away but I know the dangers of being a homeless youth. I just can't take anymore of this. My parents don't listen to me about my brother. In fact it's come to the point they yell at me for saying negative things about him. We've had cps come and my parents even then died nothing.They just guilted me into lying to them and talking their way out of it. I'm so sick of all of it. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Re: I don't know what to do

Thank you for reaching out and telling us a bit of your story. It sounds like you are in a scary situation at home and we are sorry to hear that your brother is being abusive towards you. You also mentioned that there are some issues with your parents as well but your main concern is your brother's behavior towards you. No one should be hurt or abused in anyway whether that be by a parent or a sibling. You mentioned that CPS was involved but your parents did not support you in this and even told you to lie. It's understandable this is a tough situation but you have every right to tell the truth and let someone know what is really going on.

If you ever feel like you would like someone to help advocate for you and try and make an abuse report again we can certainly help with that. We are a confidential and anonymous agency but if you wanted to discuss your situation more in depth or wanted help reaching out to child services again you can always contact us at our 24 hour hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We can also help you find other helpful options and resources, such as counseling or a youth shelter if you ever feel you are not in a safe situation and need to leave. There is always someone here to support you. We also have a live chat available from 4:30p to 11:30p CST if you feel more comfortable reaching out that way. Feel free to contact us anytime. Take care and be safe.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X