Idk what to do please help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idk what to do please help

I am a 14 year old Vietnamese girl. My family has a lot of problems and honestly don't know what to do anymore. I have dealt with my parents fighting over the smallest things and him yelling at me and hitting me for the last 9 years of my life. This year it was different being raised in an Asian family they have really high standards and this year I had fallen being and my cousins had better grades than me. Then me dad started calling me all these names telling me how useless and stupid I am. He knit picked every single thing I did. But today it was a usual routine he picked me up from my summer program and we drove home talking about how he wanted me to send something through my ipad to my uncle's and when we got home I went to get my ipad and asked him where was the thing I needed to send and he asked me if I was stupid and dumb enough to not know where it is then he told me I was good for nothing. Being human I couldn't take it anymore I told him that if I was so stupid then he could do it himself. He them punched me and kicked me and then ran off for a while. I thought he would leave me alone after that but no. He came back with a broom and hit me with the back of it. I used my hand to block it after getting a couple of hits to my behind and take notice this wasn't the first time he's ever done this. He hit me a couple of times and around the 4th hit i ran into a room and locked myself in it.i have been sitting in here for hours and am sure entry in here.I've been experiencing this my while life. My mom has recently gone to Vietnam for her dad's funeral and I am stuck here with him and my two younger sisters. He treats them like princesses and treats me like crap. Everyday I wake up to a comment such as stop being so useless to go die you are useless anyways. I can't take it anymore and I have absolutely no idea what to do. I don't know what to do.

RE: idk what to do please help

Hello there,

It sounds this is a really awful situation! We are so sorry you're having to go through this. We're wondering whether you have talked to anyone else, especially about the physical hitting. No one deserves that, for any reason. One thing you could consider would be to talk to a trusted adult about your situation. Do you have another family member nearby that might be able to help you? In your community there may be shelters where you could go. If you go to a shelter and tell them about the hitting, they probably will want to make an abuse report, so you should be aware of that. You don't have to put up with the physical abuse, that for sure. You can also call the police and report it yourself.

If you want to talk more about this, you are welcome to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We can also be reached at any time at www.1800runaway.org from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. Please be safe and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X