iS iT UNFAiR...?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iS iT UNFAiR...?

HMMM....iDK...MA MOM, DAD, & i HAD CAME TO AN AGREEMENT THAT WHEN i WAS 14 i WOULD B ABLE TO HAVE A BOYFRiEND GO OUT MORE....ETC WHEN i WAS 16 i KNO THEY WEREN'T LiEiNG UNTiLL RECENTLY...MA BiRTHDAY iS TOMORROW AND iM GOiN TO B 16! BUT i SAT DOWN TO TALK TO MA MOM AND DAD AND THEY SAiD THAT i CANT HAVE A BOYFRiEND...i FEEL SO BAD BECAUSE i HAVE HAD BOYFRiENDS BEFORE WiTHOUT TELLiN THEM AND i HAVE FELT SO BAD TO LiE....BUT NOW i WAS RELiEVED TO NOT HAVE TO LiE AND B ABLE TO BRiNG MA BOYFRiENDS OR DATES OVER TO MEET THEM....BUT NOW iTS NOT POSSiBLE BCUZ THEY HAVE SAiD NO NOT TiLL i TURN 18. i HAVE TWO OTHER SiBLiNGS FiRST ONE 23 SECoND ONE 18 iM THE YOUNGST AND THEY ONLY GiRL...THEY LET MA BROTHERS HAVE THEY'RE GiRLFRiENDS WHEN THEY TURNED 16! i THiNK iTS UNFAiR OF THEM BUT THEN i SiT AND THiNK AND PUT MYSELF iN THERE PLACE AND SAY iT WOULD B BETTER THAT WAY i WONT HAVE ANY DiSTRACTiONS iN SCHOOL BUT THEN i DONT WANT TO LiE.... EiTHER....i HAVE HAD MADE SOME BAD CHOiCES B4 LiKE DiTCHiNG AND THiNGS LiKE THAT AND i HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT iT AND DECiDED NOT TO DO iT...ANYMORE! i WANT TO CHANGE iN EVERY ASPECT OF MA LiFE BUT i CANT WiTH MA MOM HOLDiNG ME BACK....MA PARENTS ARE ALSO NOW ARGUiNG AND THEY ARE CURRENTLY SLEEPiN iN SEPRATE ROOMS...iT MAKES ME FRUSRATED THAT ARE FAMiLY iS SO BROKEN AND YET SHE ACTS LiKE NOTHiN....iM GROWiN UP AND EXPECTiN HER TO UNDERSTAND ME MORE...BUT i JUST CANT GET TO HER....iVE TRiED SiTTiN DOWN AND TALKiN TO HER AND iT JUST DOESN'T WORK....REALLY iT DOESN'T! i WANT TO LEAVE THE HOUSE AND GO TO MA FRiENDS HOUSE FOR AT LEAST 2 WEEKS SO SHE HAS TiME TO THiNK ABOUT EVERYTHiN AND RELiZE "HOPEFULLY" SOMETHiN AND i WANT SOME TiMES TO THiNK TOO! WHAT CAN i DO iN THiS SiTUATiN PLEASE HELP....!

Re: iS iT UNFAiR...?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Switchboard with your story and we hope that we can be of service to you in this time of need. We imagine that it is probably frustrating for you to sit back and allow your parents to have such double standards with you and your brothers and that is not something that you are willing to put up with. Most parents are willing to let their male children have more freedom with dating because they are probably thinking that it is best for you to stay protected but it doesn't mean that you do not deserve the chance to prove to them that you are mature enough to handle the situation. It sounds like you were trying to make the right decision by telling them about what you hoped for with dating but that was not enough still. It shows you are a bigger person by confronting them because you could have just gone and done what you felt was important to you without informing them. They are fortunate to have a daughter like you and we see why it is probably so hard for you to open up to them without proper results. It also shows strength of character on your part that you were able to note that you have made bad choices but want to now do the right thing. What do you think it is going to take for them to appreciate that about you?

We imagine that your mother trying to hold you back is beyond the point of no control but there are ways to effectively change a person from trying to hold on so strongly. Is it only dating that she tries to convince you of not doing? You also deserve the right to follow your own dreams with some discretion of course but you were honest and that deserve something. We are sorry to hear that life with family is not what is use to be and we imagine that it must break your heart. Is there ever a moment where you and your family get to have fun anymore? If you were thinking about running away, do you have a plan? We are mostly concerned with your safety and want to hear from you about making a plan. It is not a crime to run away but you have to be careful where you stay, since it is illegal for anyone to harbor you. Is it possible to discuss a plan of action with your friend's family and your family. The only place that you can stay without worrying about your friend harboring you is a shelter. However, shelters are required to notify your parents for consent and this makes your parent find out your location. If you want to talk to a real life liner and discuss other options, we are here for you 24 hours a day at our 1800RUNAWAY number. Please take the time to consider some of what we mentioned and we look forward to hearing from you.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X