don't care anymore

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• don't care anymore

I'm having a problem with my parents. all they do is fuss and fight. its getting where i'm afraid to come home cus i dont know whats going to happened next. i am only 14 but nothing i do pleases them i always get critized for everything. just like today i had gotten my grade card and it was all A's but 1 and it was a B and they yelled at me for the B. their exact words was you are so sttupid you can't even do anything at school right either. i'm just so depressed and been considering suicide cus i cant take it anymore

Re: don't care anymore

Thanks for writing in. We are sorry to hear that you are going through such a difficult time right now. It sounds like things at home, especially with your parents have not been going well. You mentioned that they constantly fight and that you feel you can never live up to there expectations. How long have you been dealing with this situation? Was your relationship with your parents always like this? Nobody deserves to be yelled at or called names, especially by a parent. Have you ever talked to anyone about what is going on at home? A friend, teacher, other family members? Is it just you and your parents living in the home? Do you have any brothers or sisters?

You mentioned that it has gotten so bad that you have become really depressed and thought about suicide? When did you start having these suicidal feelings? Have you told anyone that you have been having these feelings? It is so unfair that your parents are making you feel so badly that you are at the point of thinking about ending your life. It sounds like you are doing an amazing job in school and you should be very proud of yourself. But it can’t be easy constantly hearing negativity from your parents. It sounds like they are constantly fighting and yelling at you, and that would definitely take a toll on anyone.

It takes a lot of courage to open up and discuss these feelings and for that you should be very proud of yourself, but have you been able to open up to anyone else in your life? Do you think that would be an option? Sometimes just being able to talk about the situation and have support can help immensely. Do you have other supports in your life that have been able to help you during this time? How have you been coping with this situation? Do you think it would help to speak with a counselor? Just so you know if you need to talk with anyone you can always give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are a completely confidential hotline and there is someone here 24 hours a day to listen. We have a lot of different resources and if you think counseling or anything else would help, we could try and find those resources in your area. Even if you just need to vent about the situation and need some support we are here to listen. You sound like an amazing person and it’s unfortunate that your parents don’t tell you that everyday and don’t give you the support you need. We are here anytime you need us. Stay strong.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X