Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

My girlfriend is in a terrible situation with her family. She is incredibly sick right now and has high risks of a lung collapsing and other serious medical issues. Her mom and dad both do nothing to clean the house, and I mean 100% literally nothing. She cleans EVERYTHING everyday. Her parents yell at her to clean even now whiles she's sick. Just tonight (Sunday, May 25, 2014) they screamed at her and caused her a major panick attack. She's not supposed to elivate her breathing at all. She's been self-harming and stressing way too much. I need to know how to help her get out of there. She's 16, to be 17 in October and we live in Idaho. I've tried searching online for the legal age requirement for moving out but I can't find anything, even on the offical state site. Please help me out. All of the stress is going to kill her. Please help

RE: Help

Hello,

Thanks for posting on the National Runaway Safeline bulletin board. Your girlfriend's situation sounds serious and you sound like a very caring and concerned partner. We applaud you on reaching out for assistance.

It sounds like your main concern is getting your girlfriend out of the household she lives in now, which sounds harmful to her physical and mental health. Though we're not legal experts here at NRS, we can tell you that the age of majority in Idaho is 18. Thus, until your girlfriend is 18, she is the responsibility of her parents. However, there still may be options for her to leave home. If you'd like to discuss this further, you or your girlfriend are free to give us a call.

We're available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). If you'd prefer to chat online, our chat service is available from 4:30 to 11:30 pm Central time every night. Chat can be initiated by going to www.1800runaway.org and clicking the red button in the corner. We hope to hear from you soon.

Best of luck,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X