Help ASAP.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ASAP.

I am 17 years old and live in Knoxville, TN. I have graduated high school. My family verbally abuse me and talk about how they can't wait for me to move out or they want me to move out at midnight on my birthday. I turn 18 in 5 months. I'm not allowed to go anywhere in which caused me to lose my job. They take all the money I have earned. I'm not allowed to close my door and even have to get dressed with it open. My dad almost walked in on me changing. Please I need help.

Reply to "Help ASAP"

Hi there,

We are really sorry to hear you are going through such a difficult time. No form of abuse is ever okay and the way you are being treated is just not right. But you do have options and we can try to help in whatever way we can.

We never tell anyone what to do, but we can explore your situation further and help you figure out what your next best move is. You always have the right to file an abuse report with the state for the treatment you have undergone. We can make that report for you if you want or you can make a report yourself. But it's totally your choice. You know your situation best.

We can help further in figuring out how you would like to deal with your family and what your options are going forward but we would like to know a little more about your situation in order to help. Can you give us a call? Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY and we are here 24/7 and are completely confidential and anonymous. Or, if you feel more comfortable you can always use our chat feature on our website from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. The chatroom can be entered by pressing the red button located on the main page of our website (www.1800runaway.org).

Again, we are very sorry you are being treated unfairly and inappropriately. But you don't have to face this alone. We hope to hear from you. Good luck!

Best,
    NRS Staff
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X