Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My mother

My mother is always "sitting on the panic button" as my dad says. She is always blaming stuff on me. Even the phycologists she makes me see said its her not me and we cant help her. I think she is mentally insane. I dont know what to do. And if i say anything about suicide or running away she takes me to a behavioral health center to be medicated and i will have to sleep all day. And i dont want that to happen! Can i get an Emancipation? thats what i really want. I want to move in with my dad. PLEASE! Help me and my situation. If it is possible to get an Emancipation at 13 years of age please tell me. She is verbally abbusive not physically. And she has also called the cops on me and she said i had stollen her credit cards and stlen her identity. Please! HELP...

Re: My mother

Thanks for writing us. It seems that you’re dealing with a pretty difficult situation right now. It sounds like you and your mother’s relationship is not going so well. You mentioned that your mom is constantly blaming you and verbally abusing you. How long have you lived with your mom? Did this “panic button” behavior start recently or has she always been like this? It seems that you have talked with several people about this and many of them agree that your mom’s behavior is out of line. You even mentioned that your mom called the cops at one time saying that you had stolen from her. What were her grounds for making those charges? What did the cops do in that situation? Have you spoken with your dad about living with him? Would that be an option?

It’s understandable that you have thought about leaving and even looked into the option of emancipation. Have you talked with anyone about the possibility of emancipation? In many states a youth who wants to file an emancipation petition has to be 15-16 yrs old. Now we are not lawyers here, so we can’t know for sure what the specific laws are in your area. Do you see your dad often? Would an option be to ask him about looking into legally getting custody of you?
    Also, if you want to look into more options, and get some possible resources in your area you can always give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are a completely confidential hotline and there is someone here 24 hours a day to help. Even if you just need to vent about the situation and need someone to talk to, we are here to listen. Best of luck with everything and give us a call anytime.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X