No announcement yet.

mentally drained

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mentally drained

    im 15 & live with both my parents . im not being physically abused , but emotionally . they have no respect towards me whats so ever . ( especially dad ) never listens to me , calls me names , verbally abuses me , ect. they are making me more and more depressed & i cant take it anymore . im already depressed as it id with other issues but when my own parents make me suicidal , i think i have the right to leave & stay at a home where they actually wANT ME ? my bestfriend and mother offered for me to stay with them . legally , can i leave & stay somewhere thats a better enviroment for my health ? its a form of abuse . is this possible ?

  • #2
    RE: mentally drained


    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We're sorry to hear that you're being abused emotionally at home. Home is a place where you should feel safe, and where you should feel like you belong. It isn't fair that you can't have those feelings with your parents making you feel bad, especially if it's driving you to be suicidal. Have you thought about reporting this to child protective services (CPS)? Emotional abuse might be hard to prove to CPS. And if you did report it, they may or may not choose to investigate further, but it may be an option.

    How long have you been feeling depressed and suicidal? Do you have someone you can talk to? If you needed someone to talk to about that, the National Suicide Hotline (1-800-273-TALK or 1-800-273-8255) might be a helpful option. We are also here for you, to listen and offer support. Our lines are open 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), or you can chat with us from 4:30 pm to 11:30 pm at

    It's nice of your friend and your friend's mom to offer you a safe place to stay. It sounds like they might be a good source of support. If you runaway and your parents file a runaway report, then the police may look for you. If they look for you and find you at your friend's house, your friend's parents might get in trouble for harboring a runaway. That might be something to consider if you wanted to runaway. If you needed help looking for alternative living arrangements, we can help you with that, too.

    We wish you the best of luck, and hope to hear from you soon,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp