Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help me. please.

i really really really really need out of here before i kill myself.
    all i want is a safe place to stay for a few nights.
    are there any safe places/houses in boise, idaho that i could go to for a few nights, or one at least?
    please.
    im really deperate.

Re: please help me. please.

Thanks for writing in. It sounds like your dealing with a pretty rough situation. Where are you staying at the moment and what is making you feel so strongly about leaving? How long have you been feeling this way? It sounds like things are not going well, and it’s bad enough that you are at the point where you need to leave or you will do something you will regret.
    If you do decide to leave, do you have any family or friends in the area you might be able to go to? Now you didn’t mention how old you are, but we did look up some shelters in your area, that may be able to help in case you do decide to leave and have no place to go.

Idaho Care Line (800) 926-2588

Hays Shelter Home (20 322-6687

Salvation Army (20 343-3571

In most states if you are under the age of 18 you are still considered a minor, and many shelters are required to contact a parent or legal guardian. Now that does depend on the shelter and what there policies are. But shelters often have others services besides housing, like counseling for youth and family. If you feel like you need some other resources or just need to discuss your different options, you can always give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are a completely confidential hotline and there is someone here 24 hours a day to help. Best of luck with everything.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

right now im staying at my house and i just cant handle it. i was physically abused as a kid and now im emotionally abused, its already gone through counslers...(im 15 btw). ive been feeling like this my whole entire life. i just dont know what to do anymore. all of my other family lives out of state, so thats kinda out of the question and i dont know about my friends. they seem to not care or know what to do themselves anymore.

and i did just get back. i left at 11 and got back at 12. one hour. it wasnt much, but i loved that freedom. i know that probably sounds horrible and others that have done that were probably happy that they are back home, but im not. i want out again. i really cant handle it. and i did call your helpline for the first time when i was out and that really helped. my friend ended up coming and getting me and by that time my sister had called my parents so i didnt get to stay out...and now im way too tired to runaway again, or else i would.

if i were to runaway again though and needed somewhere to go, i think that i might be able to get my parents permission to stay, like at a shelter. so...that might be another choice. actually i have another question too, even though you might not know the answer and i might have to call them and find out, but if i were to runaway and want to go to one of those shelters, would i have to walk there if that was the only way or do they have like shuttles and stuff that could pick me up, considering i dont even know where they are located. walking wouldnt be a problem but i would just be sooo scared to do so late at night. and the police would probably end up picking me up anyways. sorry...enough with the rambling.

Comment

Thank you for sharing more of your story with us. It sounds like it is really hard for you to be at home right now and you are looking for some relief.

Home should be a safe place and no one deserves to be physically or emotional abused. Have you ever told anyone about what is happening at home? If not, who have you wanted to tell? What has stopped you?

You mentioned that all of your family lives out of state and that you aren’t sure if your friends care. That could feel pretty lonely and I could understand why you feel as though you can’t handle it anymore. Is there anyone in your life that you feel like you can talk to? I’m glad that you were able to call us and that you found it helpful. If you are willing and able, you can always call us again. We are here twenty-four hours a day and are completely confidential.

It sounds like you think your parents may give you permission to stay at a shelter. What are you hoping to get from staying at a shelter? What do you think it will be like? How long would you want to stay there? Just so you know, shelter workers are mandated reporters. That means that they are mandated by law to report any abuse going on at home. How would you feel about that?

Sometimes shelters are able to pick youth up who are stranded and have no way of getting to a safe place, but not all have that ability. Do you think your parents or a friend could drive you? Are there any safe alternatives?

It sounds like you really want a break from your home-life. Are there any activities or hobbies that give you a feeling of relief?

I hope you are well and I wish you the best of luck.
        -NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
        x
        x
        Working...
        X