No announcement yet.

Where can I go?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where can I go?

    Living with my parents makes me miserable & depressed. They are abusive (like my mother once tried to choke me, & more) and I can't stand living with them anymore. CPS hasn't been helpful because there's "not enough evidence". I've been so miserable that I skip school just to sit and mope. The youth-specific shelters near me require parental consent after 24 hours, so that's not an option. I want to leave but I have nowhere to go.

  • #2
    RE: where can I go?


    Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like you are having a very difficult time at home. It's great that you are looking into ways to help yourself.

    Since you are wanting to leave home but the shelters you have found require consent, do you think you would be able to stay with a friend or family member? Have you ever asked your mother if she would give you consent to stay at a shelter? Have you talked to anyone else about what's going on at home?

    We would be able to discuss these options and more with you if you would like to call us or chat sometime. You can call us on our anonymous and confidential line 24/7 at 1800-RUNAWAY. You can also log on to chat with us through our website between the hours of 4:30pm & 11pm.

    Best of luck.

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif