Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to leave

im 14, my step dad just hates me. i was abused before but not anymore. i lock myself in my room because they dont need me with them. im often called that im worthless and it hurts. i know "sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never hurt" no. it hurts,it hurts so much. ive thought about suicide but ive never done it. i did cut before but ive stopped before going into high school. my step dad just hates me and will never let me do anything. if i have an idea he would always say something negative. my mom doesnt really care about me, if im not missing or dead she wouldnt have to care about me. i know this isnt as bad as other people but im hurt. im mentally hurt that i wanna run far far away. he would always get mad at me because i dont take care of his daughter. ive been taking care of his daughter since the day she's been born. he never said thank you, he never said anything that would help me or support me.

Re: i want to leave

Hi and thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear that you are going through this. It sounds really difficult and painful for you at your home. No one should have to feel that way. It must be hard to deal with all those emotions you are having and not feeling supported or cared for by your family. Have you tried talking to someone, whether it is a friend, trusted adult, teacher, counselor about your feelings and what is happening at home? Do you feel like you have people in your life who could help you?

Hurting yourself and or thinking about suicide can be difficult things to work through. There are hotlines available if you feel you would want the help. We imagine how much you just want things to be different and running away feels like the best option. Have you considered what other options you have? Do you have a plan already in place? We are available here at the NRS if you need further resources or just to talk to someone. We can be reached at our 24 hour hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY or 1-800-786-2929 or our online chat services from 4:30pm-11:30pm. We hope this helps and thank you for contacting us.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X