Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 and want a better life depressed and want it all to end

hi I'm 16 and in highschool, I need advice because I've been talking to my parents about college and my dad says he dosent want me to or can afford to send me to college. well my father is the pity type since fir the past year he had been commuting adultry and spending all the famolily money on his girlfriends. he also had tax problems that I'm scared will prevent me from getting into college. my mom is a women who is a wimp and has no control of her life. she tolerates all the a use of my father a d in the end says she had children with him and has this sexual bond she can't break. I really want to be a doctor and not a burden in my parents-- as a child I belong to a Asian Indian family where I was told the importance of education but know when it's time to be serious everyone dosent care!!! I feel extremely depressed and have anxiety attacks! whenever I try to talk to my dad he hits be while my mom stands by then they go to their room and get their "stress off" ewww!( if u know what I mean) I am grossed by their actions especially my dads adultry and my moms acceptance of this. my future has no future and I feel like my life is hopeless. I don't know if runny away is an option that will give me a good future.

Re: 16 and want a better life depressed and want it all to end

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us and it sounds like you're going through a really tough time right now. First and foremost, you mentioned abuse from your dad. No one deserves to be treated like that and if you felt that you wanted to you could always file an abuse report. We don't know your city and state so we can't give you the abuse reporting number since we don't know the one specific to you but if you wanted to you could call in and say you wanted to make a report and we could walk you through it and even make one for you. If you didn't want to make it yourself and wanted to make it anonymously we could also do that for you so your dad wouldn't know who had made it. It sounds like there's a lot of other things going on as well including some stress with school and your future as well as the way your dad acts towards your mom. In terms of the stress with college, we can definitely talk more about that with you and brainstorm some options but it really sounds like a tough situation to be in right now.

You also mentioned depression and wanting it all to end. Have you ever seen a counselor or been on any medication? If that is something you would be interested in you can also give us a call (or chat) and tell us where you're located and we can try and give you some resources in your area for some extra help. If you are feeling suicidal, there is support for that as well. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline, http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ has multiple ways you can reach out to them (website, Live Chat, phone, etc.) We're so sorry that you're having to go through all of this and if you want to talk more or get some specific resources from us you can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY at any time or day or chat us from 4:30-11:30 CST at www.1800runaway.org. Hope this helps.

Best of Luck,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X