Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away

My dad is a verbally abusive drunk and my mom is a priss who doesn't care for me. My family hates me because I'm a lesbian and my dad doesn't understand that corporal punishment has limits. My friends hit me and this b*tch Nyasia effing gagged me in the girls bathroom! I only have 4 real friends, one of which lives 4 states away and two of them are moving. That leaves Sydney who is the only one who knows about my plans to run away but she would never tell, besides, I gave her some false info on where I'm going.

I'm a relatively smart person who knows how to keep from spending too much.

I have considered suicide but I never went through with it because I knew that death was permanent, running away is temporary.

I'm still debating if I should go, I'm packed and all, but I really don't trust myself.

What should I do?

RE: I want to run away

First, thank you so much for reaching out. Second, I'm sorry to hear about everything that is going on right now. No one deserves to be hit...not by your parents, and not by your peers.

I am glad to hear that you do have friends you can count on, but am sorry that one lives so far away and two are moving. It sounds like you are smart, protecting yourself with the false info, and knowing how to keep from spending too much.

I'm glad that you haven't gone through with suicide. Considering and thinking about suicide can be scary. Please know that you can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We're 24/7/365. Also, there is a suicide hotline, 1-800-274-TALK. The Trevor Hotline, a suicide and crisis hotline for LGBT Youth.

You know your situation the best. We're not here to tell you - or anyone - what to do. We are happy to talk more in depth with you about the situation, what you're thinking about options, and together establish a plan. Please know you can call us any time. We also have live chat at www.1800RUNAWAY.org from 4:30 p - 11:30 p CST.

Best of luck,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X