Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would I go?

Okay, I reallly do want to leave, I mean I've had it!! my life is just a big whirlwind of events that I don't understand and don't want to happen! I really want to leave, I can't wait four more years until college because I'm suffocating! But the only problem is: where would I go?! If I wasn't completely terrified I would have left already!!!! What do I do? Im so confused and it doesn't help that all I want to do is scream and cry and kick something! HELP

Re: Where would I go?

Thanks for posting on our bulletin boards. From what you wrote, it sounds like there’s maybe a lot going on at home that make you not want to be there anymore. Does anyone else know you feel this way? Friends, relatives, etc? Have you ever tried to leave before? If so what happened? You mentioned that you don’t know where you’d go and that’s the main reason you haven’t left yet. Running away is a big decision. Here at the National Runaway Switchboard we never tell youth not to run away or to run away, but rather we try to talk over the situation, how you’re feeling and possible options for you. We also try to help you come up with a safe plan of action. Here are several questions (from our website) that are helpful to think about before making the decision to runaway.

1. What else can I do to improve things at home before I leave?
    2. What would make me stay at home?
    3. How will I survive?
    4. Is running away safe?
    5. Who can I talk to about the situation?
    6. Am I being realistic?
    7. Have I given this enough thought?
    8. What are my other options?
    9. Who will I call if I end up in trouble?
    10. What will happen when I return home?

It also sounds like you might be very overwhelmed with everything right now. How have you been coping with living at home so far? If you think it would be helpful to talk to someone about all this, we’re always available. Our hotline is 24 hours and completely confidential; meaning we don’t trace our calls and even if we knew who you were, we wouldn’t tell anyone what you said to us or even that you called. The number is 1-800-RUNAWAY. Give us a call, day or night.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Its pretty much the same thing with me man, its a huge whirlwind of events. My way of getting out of the world is the internet. Games such as Runescape, moparscape, World of Warcraft, and things such as that. The mod is right, you should take those things into concideration. Im writing down a list like that now. I was looking at running away but this site helped me alot. I am going to go to my dads for the rest of spring break and give me and my mom a break from each other and maybe the tensions will loosen up a bit.

Thanks for posting!

Coder Brad

Comment

Thanks for sharing a little part of your story and relating it to the other post. Making the list is a great idea, it helps you really think through all the different aspects of running away. Hope the time away from mom during spring break helps. Sometimes you just need a break to clear you head, right? Keep our hotline in mind if you'd like to talk about anything or need help with anything.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

yeah its this way for me but I escape to internet also to play games except my parents are taking away my computer.

I dont know what do either.
          The fear is everyone greatest dilema I believe'

Thats whats keeping me from running away I am so depressed

Comment

Thanks for relating to our other posters. Does it help, even a little, to know there are others going through the same thing as you are? Finding a support network-of people that can relate and encourage you to keep going- can really help sometimes. It's tough not knowing what to do or if you have any options. Sometimes there aren't good options, it's more about learning ways to cope with what's going on. It's probably hard to feel like your computer is a great escape for you and have it taken away. How long are your parents taking it for? If you’d like to talk about any or all of what’s going on, we’d be happy to talk to you. Our hotline is completely confidential and 24 hours a day. Call anytime.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
            x
            x
            Working...
            X