I wanna run away,

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna run away,

Okay, so I don't know where to put his exactly))

Anyways, my name is, I'm gonna say Kat, just for general privacy reasons.
    I'm 15 and I want to run away from my family. I'm living with my adoptive parents, who are my cousins. My parents are in jail, and I've been adopted twice before. I can't take it here, my adoptive father, for here sake I'm gonna say his name is Raymond, and I'm constantly verbally, mentally, and emotionally abused by him. My adoptvie mother, Susan, doesn't do anything about it. I used to be the perfect student, with a 98% GPA involved in ever club and activity, but now I'm not because of all of my dads problems towards me. I never liked him before he and Susan got married. I have depression, suicidal, MPD, BPD, and other emotional problems. But I don't know what I should do. I want to run away, but I don't know where to go. I live near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and that's a bad idea to go there. My step sister (by birth parents) got raped in Pittsburgh. I want to go some where but no matter where I go, I'm pretty sure they'll contact my parents, which isn't what I want. I don't know how I can get my social security number and birth certificate changed so they can't find me, because I may try and either act as a new person and live with a friend, Sophia, who's in the same crisis but we'll run off at the same time. My exboyfriend that no one knows about sounds like an idea for me. He lives in Summerville, South Carolina. Or my friend, Brenna, u met over the Internet and Skype when no ones around, but she lives in Canada over by Washington. And I don't have a passport. Help?

**all names have been changed

re: I wanna run away

Hi Kat

Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a horrible situation right now. It sounds like you have already been through so much with previous adoptions and your parents being in jail. It seems that a lot of your problems at home revolve around your adoptive father. We are sorry to hear that you constantly being verbally, mentally, and emotionally abused. No one should have to live in a household where they suffer from any type of abuse. It sounds like you see running away as your only option to escape what you're experiencing at home. Determining if running away is the best option can be a difficult decision. It sounds like you have given the idea of leaving home much thought. You mentioned a couple of different places and friends that might be able to provide assistance if you left home. It sounds like one of your biggest concerns after leaving home is how to obtain personal documents. Unfortunately obtaining a new social security and/or birth certificate may be difficult because those documents are usually only issued to the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) of a minor. A passport is another document that would require the consent of your parent(s) or legal guardian(s) in order to obtain. Aside from your concerns regarding your personal documents, is there anything else you would like to discuss?

We are available 24/7 and for quick assistance you can reach us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). You can also receive live assistance via chat between 4:30pm and 11:30pm CST.

Remember if you ever feel that your immediate safety is at risk, you can dial 9-11 for assistance. We hope the information provided helps out. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes
    ~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Thanks, but my other problem is, I don't know how I'd somehow get a job, a drivers license, or enrolled in a new school without getting the documents from my parents, which happen to be locked up in a safe. I haven't heard of any jobs that hire people without seeing a SSID card or a birth certificate. I currently have around $40 and that's it. I have no clue as of how I'd make it to one place or another, my exboyfriend said he could meet me and Sophia at the border of South Carolina and then drive is from there, but he can't leave the state yet. I don't know what to do about that...

Comment

Thanks for getting back to us and telling us more about what's going on. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation right now and it's brave of you to keep asking questions about what you can do or steps to take. Unfortunately, here at the National Runaway Safeline, we aren't equipped to be able to tell you exactly what to do to get the documentation that you need. Since you are a minor, many of the agencies that issue the documentation may require a signature from your parents or legal guardians in order to obtain an ID or social security card.

It sounds like you have a plan to be picked up by your ex boyfriend and he'll drive you into South Carolina but is unable to leave the state right now. If you are feeling unsafe at home, we can try to help you find a shelter or other safe place to go if you need to leave in an emergency. We can also help you call those agencies to see if they have beds available. However, many of them would probably need to contact your guardians to gain consent to let you stay there. What do you think would happen if they called your parents.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are a confidential and anonymous hotline for youth in crisis. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our online chat services from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST), 7 days a week and those can be found on our website (www.1800runaway.org).

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

~NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

Thanks for the help, really.
          But since my exboyfriend (who's now my boyfriend) is turning 18 next week, could I legally live with him, without my parents consent? I can't remember what it was, I was looking around the site and the other bulletin board topics, it starts with an E, it's where a judge or something can give you the powers to live as a free legal adult, though you're not actually 18. How could I get that somehow? I know I'd need to have a way to support myself, which is what he promised. He's been like my best friend since we were 4, when he used to be my neighbor. But the only thing is, his parents disapprove of me, he's supposed to be the perfect child, and not be involved with girls who've smoked a cigarette or two, have a lip piercing, ect. So I don't know what to do about that either. He's not stable enough, money and mentally, to live by himself. He has a few problems, and I've talked him out of running away before. But now when it's my turn to need to be talked out of, he opened his arms to me. I don't want my parents to freak. Is there any shelters around 15644 zip code that don't require parental signatures? Thanks loves.

Comment

RE:

Hi there,

You certainly have a lot to think about. There aren't youth shelters that would be able to allow you to stay there without the consent of your guardians, unfortunately.

At this point, the next way to reach out to us is to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are here 24 hours a day and confidential and anonymous. If you don't feel comfortable reaching out through phone, please chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Time.

Best of luck to you, Kat.

We look forward to giving you some resources over the phone or through chat.

NRS

Comment

My parents

So my dad has hit me so many times & I can't stand it anymore . I don't wanna live with him anymore no one listens to me . He's left scars , bruises , and he's thrown me to the ground . he always has negative stuff to say about me . I just wanna be adopted so badly . CPS has come to talk to him so many times and he still doesn't care . he told me I hope you run away again , bc I can't deal with your f*****d***a** anymore . and then he hit in my mouth

Comment

Re: my parents

Hello and thanks for reaching out on our bulletin boards.

We’re so sorry you’ve had to deal with your dad hitting you so often. You don’t deserve to be treated that way. You mentioned CPS coming out and talking to him and unfortunately it doesn’t sound like that has improved the situation. Many times it can take multiple abuse reports and even then CPS doesn’t always remove children/youth from the home. You have the right to speak up when you don’t feel safe at home and it might help to keep documenting each incident so that hopefully CPS will be able to take action.

We recognize how scary filing an abuse report can be and are here to support you if you’d like to try and file another one. There is also Child Help of America which is an organization that advocates for children and youth experiencing abuse or neglect. More information can be found here: https://www.childhelp.org/. If you do find yourself at a point where you’ve run away without a place to go, National Safe Place may also be helpful. http://nationalsafeplace.org/ If we know a little more information like your age and city/state we can search for local resources too. If you have confidentiality concerns, we encourage you to try reaching out to us directly either through our Live Chat (red button below) or by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Good luck!

Comment

were should i go

I want to run away but I don't know where to go where would be the best place to run away but still have enough money to survive have food and live my life I'm so tired of being treated like a servant in my house I want to know where I can go to have my own freedom and do what I want to worry about work later do this when I want I can't think anymore I'm a servant I have to work when I'm sick it's horrible nobody does anything for me but if it's my birthday you something but only once in a year and it feels like that sometime the time

Comment

re: were should i go

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline for help. It sounds like you’re going through a lot right now and we’re glad that you reached out to us for support today. We’re available 24 hours, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) and we are confidential.

It sounds like you may feel under appreciated, because you said that you feel like a servant. It seems that way your family treats you, has made you want to run away. You don’t deserve to be treated like that; everyone deserves to be treated fairly. It sounds like you and your family has a rough relationship with your family. You said that the only time things go well is on your birthday, it sounds like a very frustrating situation for you.

Seems like you’ve been thinking of a big step like running away, if you were to runaway how would you provide toiletries , food , shelter? These are somethings that you should think about when thinking of running away. One thing that we can do at the National Runaway Safeline is try to locate a safe place for you, such as a shelter. We can also discuss what other options you may have available to you. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck. Remember, we are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-786-2929.

Stay strong,

NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    x
                    Working...
                    X