Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just don't even care anymore

Suicide or runaway?
    I choose runaway I'm leaving on Tuesday and no matter what anyone says I'm not changing my mind. But you can still help me by telling me some shelters I can go to near philly, PA. But I'm only 13 and a lot don't let people my age but I am turning 14 this month and also would I be able to enroll myself in school? Please help or not help at all

RE: I just don't even care anymore

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us today. It sounds like you've given this a lot of thought, and we're here to help you as much as we can.

We're not here to make your decision for you- but safety is important. Have you thought about how you will be able to support yourself when you do leave home? Shelters can be helpful in providing a safe place to stay and can also possibly help in figuring out how to go about enrolling in school. There is a shelter in Philadelphia, PA called Youth Service, Inc. Their number is (217) 7870633. You can also look at www.nationalsafeplace.org if you want more information about this shelter.

It sounds like you gave suicide some thought too before deciding on running away. If you ever need to talk, there is a suicide hotline that you can call at any time of any day 1-800-273-TALK.

You can also reach out to us again through our online chat (www.1800runaway.org) from 4:30-11:30 pm central time if you feel more comfortable talking through the computer. We're really glad you reached out to us, it was brave to ask for support- we also have a hotline number that you can call to get some more support at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are also 24/7 and are always here to listen and help in any way we can. Thanks again for reaching out to us today.

Best of luck to you,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X