No announcement yet.

Family Issues

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Family Issues

    I'm 14 and honestly i don't know what to do! My parents fight and argue every single day. I wake up with them screaming and fighting, my dad completely hates me he hates everything about me, He says that I'm not good enough and he wants me to have perfect grades and to be perfect in everything he cheats on my mom and my mom knows it but she doesn't do anything. My dad says that he wants to send me away and one day i overheard him saying that he wished he had another child but i don't know why cause i never did anything wrong! :c I am always depressed and I cut myself and I decided to runaway cause is the best for me cause I feel like I don't belong and everybody leaves me at some point but the problem is that If i do runaway i don't know where to go cause I don't wanna be on the streets because there are so many crazy people that could harm me but i also don't wanna stay here with my parents cause I can't stand their fighting and how they hate me.

  • #2
    RE: Family Issues

    Hi there,

    Thank you for contacting us. It sounds like things at home have been pretty stressful and chaotic. We’re sorry to hear that this situation has led to you to feel depressed and like you don’t belong. We will do our best to provide you with information to help you stay safe. Please keep in mind that we are not legal experts here, but we want to be as helpful as possible.

    Running away is not illegal; it’s called a status offense. Your legal guardians can report you as a runaway to your local police department. What a runaway report does is inform the authorities that your legal guardians don’t know where you are. Different departments handle runaways differently, so the police may or may not look for you.

    If you do decide to leave home, depending on where you live, you may be able to find shelter services in your community. Emergency shelters can let you stay for a limited amount of time and, because you are a minor, are required by law to contact your legal guardians, and each shelter differs in the amount of time they will wait before they call your legal guardians. If you decide to look into shelter services, one good option is your local United Way 211. They often have listings for shelter services in your community. Another good resource for you to look into is There is information on there website that can help you find a safe place to go.

    You also mentioned that you have been self-harming. A website that can help you look into that is There are a lot of people who struggle with self-harm. This website may be good to see how other people have overcome that.

    Our concern is always making sure you have safe options for whatever you decide to do. It sounds like you’ve done your best to cope with what sounds like a difficult situation with your parents. Please know that you have the option of calling us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are available 24/7 by phone, and by chat between the hours of 4:30pm-11:30pm. Best of luck to you.

    Best of luck to you,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove