Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am not capable of handling my family anymore & I need to leave but nobody to go t

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am not capable of handling my family anymore & I need to leave but nobody to go t

As the title says, I really need to go. I'm losing it right now because I can't handle my parents and most of all my sister. She's so provocative and gets me in trouble all the time because my temper with my family is severely limited. I always literally always get yelled at (or punished on occasion) multiple times a day because she ticks me off and then since I have so much hate because of people hating me at my school during the day--can't get along with hardly anyone--I blow up at her because she's such an antagonist. And then I hear her complaining to my mom after I've exploded at her (she honestly does instigate the issue every single time though I'm often blamed) about how "he always ALWAYS tries everything he can to get on everyone's last nerve; to tick them off." I can't handle being criminalizes and tortured by my family mainly parents anymore. I don't want to live with them and I haven't since last spring and now it's built to a climax. They hate me so much. My parents always try and convey how it's my fault that "you responded to her you need to ignore her when she ticks you off." I CANT. SHE DOES IT ALL THE TIME AND IT HURTS SO MUCH. MY FAMILY CANNOT APPRECIATE HOW FRAGILE MY INTERACTIONS ARE WITH THEM. I don't know what to do and they're killing me inside out and acting like its a phase or something I'm going to get over or I'm being unreasonable or something but it really isn't. They're hurting me very much mentally by being this way. My sister always acts like she's the victim and everyone is always down on her whereas it's really usually (I didn't say always) me that's the center of attack. I can't do anything right and I'm tired of hurting and I need to leave to be somewhere I can be happy but if I run away I don't want to be thrown back into the city's psych ward again. It's a catch 22. I can't stay and I can't leave somebody please help me!

Re: I am not capable of handling my family anymore & I need to leave but nobody to go

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us and telling us your story. It sounds like you are feeling very misunderstood at home by your family. It's understandable how it can sometimes become frustrating when you feel like people are against you. It also sounds like you don’t feel like you have a lot of support in your family. Some people find reaching out to someone else outside of the family helpful. Or, if you are interested in family counseling, sometimes that can be beneficial too.

Do you think family counseling would help and allow you to tell your parents how you feel? It can be difficult to feel like you are appreciated in your family. Another idea to try might be talking to your parents individually to see if they might understand your point of view. If you do not feel comfortable talking to your parents maybe there are some other people you can express your feelings to. Sometimes finding somebody to hear your problems can help. Here at the National Runaway Safeline we have people available to talk 24 hours a day, every day. You can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (800-786-2929) or chat with us online via our website from 4:30pm to 11:30 pm Central Time. We can also go over possible options as far as where you might stay if you do leave. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

I want to run away from home with some partner

This so difficult to handle your sister I have brother he sometime beat me and where you from by the way wish you good luck with your future and I also have same problem at my home

Comment

Re: I want to run away from home with some partner

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It looks like it has been quite a while and we wanted to just check in with you to see if you are in need of our services.

We appreciate you reaching out and sharing your story. You shared that your brother sometimes beats you. Is this something that is still going on? You do not deserve to be hit by anyone. You deserve to feel safe at home. If this is something that is still going on and you would like to make a report, you can call us at 1800runaway and we can help you through the process.

If you need anything else, would like any resources or support through anything else please do not hesitate to call 1800runaway. We are here to listen and help.

Good luck and stay safe,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
        Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X