I want to leave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to leave

I dont have any money or anywhere to go. I honestly dont care anymore, i want to leave so bad it hurts. I dont want to get arrested for running away. I dont want to hurt anyone. I just feel like people's lives would be better with out me. Maybe i wouldnt hurt so much if i left. Maybe my mom wouldnt stress about having enough money anymore. I could get a job and get clothes that arent ripped. Maybe it solve everything

RE: I want to leave

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us during this difficult time. It sounds like your family is facing some financial difficulties. We are sorry to hear that you feel your family would be better off without you. Have you thought about talking to them about how this makes you feel? Everyone deserves to feel wanted in their own home.

Just to let you know, we are not legal experts, but we can try and explain what would happen if you did run away from home. Technically it’s not against the law for you to leave home. In most states it would be considered a status offence. However, anyone you would be caught staying with could possibly be charged with ‘harboring a runaway’ should your legal guardians decide to press charges.

There may be local resources such as food and clothing banks for you and your family. If you feel comfortable calling us, we would be than happy to look up these agencies in your area. Although we cannot tell you what you should or should not do, we can help you explore what other options you have available. We can be reached at any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929) or by live chat at www.1800runaway.org from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck. Take care and be safe.

- NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

What if..

what if i already have plans to leave and have nowhere to go. I dont want to get anyone in trouble

Comment

RE: what if...

Hello again,

It sounds like you have place to leave but not a safe place to go. If you did not want to get anyone in trouble, a youth shelter may be a good option for you. You can find any shelter near you at www.nationalsafeplace.org or you can contact us and we can find another one in your area. We hope this helps and that you will call us soon at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929) or by live chat at www.1800runaway.org from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. Take care and be safe!

- NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X