Feel Really Depressed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feel Really Depressed

I got into a fight with my mom and stepdad and I feel depressed and like they don't understand. I feel like they don't love me as much as they love the other kids.

RE: Feel Really Depressed

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. We are truly sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with your parents and that you are feeling depressed. It must be really hurtful to feel like you are not understood and loved by your mom and step dad. It takes a really strong person to reach out for help. It sounds like you are going through a really difficult time right now. We are here to listen and support you however we can. You can call us any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you need to talk about what is going on in your life. We also have a live chat on www.1800RUNAWAY.org everyday between 4:30pm and 11:30pm CST. All of our services are anonymous and confidential. Everyone deserves to feel supported and loved. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and seeing how we can help you find options and resources that can help you out in this difficult time.

Best of luck,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

parent issues and depression

I'm 15, My mother emotional abuses me every single day, my heart is a stone. I want to end my life, I think about it all the time, but the other half wants to live the life i dream of. I know I can't stay here any longer, its miserable being the emotional punching bag for my mom, I really need help. I'm trying to stay strong, but I'm weak>.<

Comment

Re: Feel Really Depressed

It sounds like you are going through a lot right now and we appreciate you reaching out and telling us a bit about your story. It’s not always easy to talk about stuff like this and it takes a lot of courage to reach out and get some support. You mentioned that your mom has been emotionally abusive for some time now and it’s really starting to take its toll. It’s not fair that she is using you as an “emotional punching bag.” No one should have to go through that and it’s understandable you are feeling emotionally drained and like you can’t deal with it anymore. You mentioned that it has gotten to the point that you have even considered suicide. If you are currently feeling suicidal or need any immediate assistance regarding that you can always reach out to the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). There is someone available 24 hours a day to take your call.

Are you getting any kind of support from anyone else at this time? There are people out there to help and support you. You deserve love and support and it’s not fair that your mom is not giving that to you. It sounds like she has a lot of issues of her own and instead of dealing with them she is taking them out on you. If you feel home is not a safe place because of what is happening, you do have the right to get child protective services involved. That doesn’t necessarily mean that they will take you out of the home but they may be able to help advocate for you and make sure home is a better environment.

Keep in mind that we are also here 24 hours a day if you need to talk more about what is going on. If you would like to reach out to someone immediately you can always contact us at our 24 hour hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We also have an online chat that is available from 4:30p to 11:30p CST. All of our services are completely confidential and anonymous and there is always someone here to listen and here to help. Please stay safe and contact us anytime. Take care.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X