My dad makes me want to runaway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dad makes me want to runaway

I'm 16 years old and my family is extremely dysfunctional. My mom and dad constantly fight mostly over money. My grandparents are mental and struggle helping my sister. My older sister lives with them because my dad drove her mad and depressed until she finally left and lives with them. My dad has threaten to hit me and her and wastes our money on beer and golf. He even took my birthday money and left he didn't come back until 2 am drunk. He yelled at my mom at 2 AM when her car was being towed because she didn't have enough money to pay for the bill waking my sister and I in the process. That morning my mom left and didn't talk to anyone for 12 hours. He made me so scared that day for my mom. He took $5,000 dollars to Vegas and gambled it away and when he got back he yelled for hours because we had no food in the house. We didn't have enough food for me and my mom when he left with so much money. My mom discovered a growth that's possibly cancerous and he doesn't give a damn. He's abused my dog by drop kicking him like a football (again drunk). He insults everything I do. Nothing I do is good enough for him and when I start talking to guys I'm immediately treated like the black sheep. He never takes me seriously and one day I told him I cut my wrists and showed him the cuts and he laughed at me thinking I was joking. He makes me want to scream and cry out but I can't I'm so sick of him. I just want to leave him and not go back. I want to be in a place where I can feel loved.

re: My dad makes me want to runaway

Hi

Thanks for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are truly sorry to hear about the way things have been going for you. It sounds like you are struggling to stay within in a home that has so many issues going on. It seems that your father drinks often and ultimately takes out his frustration and unhappiness with everyone else in the household. It sounds like there is a possibility that your mom might have cancer and we are sorry to hear. It is very unfortunate that you have had to experience what you have. You mentioned that you have cut your wrists in the past. Have you ever spoke to a counselor or therapist about that? It sounds like you feel unappreciated and unloved and would like to go somewhere where you can. Wanting to feel loved from one’s parents and family is a natural feeling. You should be able to feel loved within in your household.

Determining if and when to leave can be a difficult decision! Do you have any safe alternative housing options? There are youth shelters available in various cities across the country that offers a variety of resources. If you would like more information on youth shelters, please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We can assist you with locating resources and contacting them as well. Our hotline is toll-free, anonymous, confidential, and available 24.7. Remember if you ever feel that your immediate safety is at risk, you can dial 9-11 for assistance.

We would like to wish you the best of luck with things. We also look forward to hearing from you.

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X