This is my second 'home' and the abuse is happening again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is my second 'home' and the abuse is happening again

I found out a little while ago that apparently my mom, who divorced my dad back in 2006-2007 because she was cheating on him, was raped in order to have my and my little brother. I was told that when she was 15, my dad was 43, he had a girlfriend but my aunt (mom's sister) saw him and her together in his house one day. She never graduated high school and she never wanted kids but got pregnant with me (apparently after my dad found her cheating with another guy and raped her) and when I was three my dad and mom moved to Florida where they had my little brother in 2000 (apparently after my dad found my mom cheating on him with his son from his first marriage who is about mid forties now and raped her again).My mom is 43 now lives in New York because she cheated on my dad again with my best friends dad from 6th grade and divorced him in 2006-2007. My dad is 70 and after she left him he got really verbally abusive and sometimes physically abusive with me. He would always call me a ********** and treat my little brother much better and take him out to eat but leave me at home and not bring any food home. I was only allowed to go out if it was with him, I couldn't have friends over cause he was pervy and mean to them, I couldn't go out cause he didn't trust me not getting pregnant (his excuse was his sister went out when she was a teen and got pregnant, I'm not his sister). and I did get a boyfriend behind his back, my dad was racist but my boyfriend is black. I was depressed and cutting and suicidal and my boyfriend saved me from it all. When my dad found out close to my senior year he kicked me out and told me not to come home and that the police were gonna get me. My boyfriend drove me to school the next monday and we talked to the police who made me go back home! Instead of staying with my boyfriend, they said it was okay to stay there because he really wanted me back and was sorry and that there was food in the house for me and that he wasn't as bad as I made it out...(maybe cause the don't see behind the fake curtain he put up). So I went back home and it went back to the same thing and eventually he stopped caring about me all together it was like I wasn't there so I left around my last month of highschool and I lived with my boyfriend who lives with his mom. I graduated in June 2013. I got a job in August and started helping my boyfriends mom pay the bills but now she's getting the same way my dad was, always asking for more and more money when her bills aren't that much. She stopped cooking and stopped buying food so I started buying my own and hiding it so I had enough to take care of myself and she complain that I hide it in the room so she doesn't touch it and I do because she has money she can go buy her own food, if she's going to stop sharing so am I. And she kicked me out of her house one morning and my boyfriend stood up for me and I still am staying there but now she's treating me abusively too. Saying things as if I haven't been through enough, being kicked out of my own home before I was even 18 and then while I'm paying her bills she's kicking me out of the only other place I have to go. I can't stand the treatment anymore the stress is getting to me and I feel so worn out everyday. I have nowhere else to go I'm trying to get an apartment but nowhere has anything available right now. His mom complains that I don't talk anymore...who wants to talk to the same person that kicked them out when they have nowhere else to go like why would I want to talk to such a cruel person again after I've already been through so much in my life??? I'm so lost.

RE: This is my second 'home' and the abuse is happening again

Thank you so much for contacting the National Runaway Safeline, where we’re here to listen; here to help. It is very courageous of you to tell us some of your story and to reach out to us for more support. It must be very frustrating for you to find yourself in a situation that seems eerily similar to what you left when you left your father’s house. It is also great to see that you have found some support and solace when it comes to your boyfriend and his family. To have friends who support you in your time of need is such a wonderful thing to have. We hope that you are able to continue to find such support systems wherever you go. You certainly seem to be on the right track—advocating for yourself despite being in homes where your parents appear to not care as much about you due to their lack of attention and physical and emotional support.

It is understandable that you feel frustrated and feel like you don’t have anywhere to go. We encourage you to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY, we’re open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you were to call, we could provide you with individualized support specific to your situation. We would be able to help you develop a plan for support and we could connect you to any resources you may need such as shelter and other supports. We also have an interactive chat available on our website. This is open daily from 4:30pm-11:30pm CST.

We wish you the best of luck and hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,

The National Runaway Safeline
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X