Ranaway

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranaway

I ran away already. Twice. The first time the cops found me and took me home. Now I've been gone for 4 months. I'm so much happier now than I was for the last few years I was at home. I've met a lot more people who show me they care way more than my mom did/does. I know she loves me but she is just to selfish to understand and care about how I fell. I'm 16 and I've been taking care of my little sisters since I was 11. I would sit at home and couldn't go anywhere except my dads house every other weekend. I dropped out of school because... Well its a whole nother story... But after that I would sit at home for literally Weeks at a time not seeing any freinds, anybody except my little sisters, my mom, and her peice of **** boyfriend who was constantly screeming and mentally abusing my little sisters, it made me feel so terrible because its always been my job to protect them, right before I ran away he got a dent in his car and was blaming it on me and threatening my life and throwing stuff at me. When there was a weekend I couldn't go to my dads and see my animals (I raise rabbits ect but they stay near my dads) it seemed like the world was going to end. The endless depression and lonliness and the feeling that nobody cared was just terrible, I couldn't take it any longer, I often thought of suicide though I know I'd never do it because I didn't want my family to suffer. Well I met this guy and his family accepted me and took me in, so having someone to love and someone who loves me constantly I left, we went and stayed at a freinds house for a while and didn't contact anyone. Then I got into contact with my dads side of the family and they didn't have anything against me, they were slightly proud of me fir actually growing a pair and taking a step to be happy for once. So 4 months later my mom randomly sends the cops after me again and all that time I spent being afraid they were going to find me and take me home, constantly looking over my shoulder, its back, and I'm so scared. That place has never actually been home to me, its been a prison, and I don't understand why my mom can't just.except the fact that I'm happy now and I want it to stay that way. Why can't I be happy? Maybe because she isn't, and she's jelous? I've never understood.

Re: Ranaway

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline for help. It sounds like you have been dealing with a lot over the past few years. Living with your parents seems to have been very difficult for you. It sounds like one of the hardest parts of the situation was the mental abuse coming from your mom’s boyfriend. Nobody deserves to be abused in any way and I am sorry that you and your little sisters were subjected to that. It is great that you are in a safe place now and that you have found people to love and accept you where you are currently living. It is very important to have a safe and comfortable place to stay. It seems like when you were living with your mom you were very isolated because you had to take care of your sisters and you couldn’t leave the house. The new independence that you have experienced over the past 4 months must be a nice change of pace.

It sounds like your concern now is that your mom has contacted the police and you are worried they may be looking for you. It’s understandable you are concerned about going back. It’s difficult because at 16 you are still a minor so your mom probably does have the right to make a runaway report. If you give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we can discuss your situation and your options in more depth. We could also possibly find some resources for you in your area. We also have an online chat service every night from 4:30 PM- 11:30 PM CST. Keep in mind that all of our services are completely confidential and anonymous. There is always someone here to listen. We wish you the best of luck in this challenging situation and we hope to hear from you soon.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

She called the cops and had them search my boyfriends parents house several times. I think she thinks I'm staying at my grandmas or my dads but I'm not, I do go there almost every weekend. She had the police search my boyfriends again and his mom said something on the lines of "you've been here 3 times before, I let you search the house all Three times so I'm going to have to say no this time". Do you think the police will get a warrent and come search the house? They talked to my boyfriend and he told them we broke up 2 Weeks ago, but I have a feeling his moms story and his story didn't match because I don't think they talked about it before hand.

Comment

RE: Runaway

Hello,
        If you have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or bulletin) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.

- NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X