Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I want to runaway from home and possibly go live with my boyfriend but he lives an hour away and I can try to take my car but my dad keeps threating to tell the police, what do I do? How do I get out?

RE: Help

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out tonight. It sounds like you’re going through some stuff at home. It looks like you’re trying to put together a solid plan. It can be tough to work through all of this. It’s smart of you to reach out for some guidance. So let’s see how we can help you out tonight.

We’re not legal experts here, but we are able to talk about what might happen in general. If you are under 18 years old and leave home without your dad’s permission and he decides to call the police to make a runaway report, you may be returned back home. That’s what generally happens for people who are under 18.

There may be other options available to you and we are here to talk through those with you. If you’d like to talk more, you can contact us 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are confidential and anonymous. If calling isn’t you thing, you can chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Time.

We look forward to your call or chat.

We are here to support you through this time and provide you with some options.

Best of luck to you,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X