Too stressed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too stressed

I'm 15 and live in New Orleans. I've thought about running away and getting a job with a fake diploma and ID in some other city at least 250 miles away. I haven't seen my dad in years but that has nothing to do with me running away. I have a good relationship with my mom, but she is very hard-headed about things like schoolwork. I really hate school (I mean seriously hate, I view it as useless and it won't help me get ahead in life). It's the main reason I want to leave, it just is too stressful. And as I said before my mom is too hard headed and wouldn't let me drop out if i tried too. I can get enough money to buy a train ticket to somewhere like Dallas or Nashville. Once there I could get a job with the fake diploma or ID that I discussed earlier. Do you think this is a good idea? Or is there some other option that I am not aware of? I could leave on a whim with complete ease and I could ensure that I have clean water and enough food and self-defense. Please let me know if there is something I'm missing or if this isn't a good idea. I would also find a like-minded friend to go with me. Thanks.

RE: Too stressed

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your questions. It sounds like you have really put a lot of thought into this plan. Although we will not tell you what you should or should not do, we can help you think of some other things to consider. For example, where will you sleep each night? How will you pay for rent and utilities? Have you ever stayed in a homeless youth shelter and know what to expect?

There are other things to consider as well: Is running away safe? What would make me stay at home? What will happen if I return? If school is your biggest factor in deciding to leave, there are alternative schools to consider as well. Job Corps at http://www.jobcorps.gov/home.aspx may be worth researching.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline we can be reached at any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929) or by live chat at www.1800runaway.org from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. We can help you explore other options, help you come up with a solid plan, and offer any resources that may be of use. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X