Ready to leave, that or die.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ready to leave, that or die.

well see, I want to move. I use to live with my parents but my dad went to prison and my mom lives with her mom. Now I live with my fathers parents. His mom isn't so bad most of the time, but his dad, he hates me. I cuss when I get mad and he doesn't like it, but so does he, I mean i'm 15 years old. He tried to fist fight me just the other week, right in front of my fiance, but yet got mad when my fiance stood up to stop him. He told me I was nothing to him and that I should be ashamed for living. I've been struggling with depression, continuously contemplating suicide. I feel as if my only choice left is to runaway. where do I go? My moms house has no rooms and i'd never leave there, as they all hate me there to, I tried once but it didn't work because my grandma told me she wanted me dead. My fiance is only 16, living with his christian parents. We just recently had two pregnancy scares. I don't know what to do someone help? I Live in Concord, Nc

Re: Ready to leave, that or die

Thanks so much for reaching out and telling us a bit of your story. It sounds like you have a lot going on right now and it’s understandable that you have gotten to the point that you are thinking of leaving. It sounds like things have been difficult at home and right now you are living with your father’s parents but things are not going so well. It sounds like you don’t have a lot of support from your family right now and if anything they are causing more angst for you. We are sorry to hear you are going through all of this. It’s good to hear that you have some support from your fiancé. It sounds like you both really care about each other but that it is not be an option for you to stay with him and his family either. At 15 you are still considered a minor so if you did leave your guardian would have the right to file a runaway report. What do you think your parent/guardian would do if you left? Usually what happens if you are found is that police will most likely just return you home. If you did end up leaving home and needed a safe place to go we were able to find a youth shelter in the Charlotte, NC area. The resource is called The Relatives and you can reach them at (704) 377-0602.

You also mentioned that you have dealt with depression and suicidal thoughts for much of your life. Obviously being in a tough situation at home does not help this. If you are currently feeling suicidal and need to reach out to someone immediately in regards to that you can always call the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). They are available 24 hours a day.

While we can’t tell you exactly what to do, there is always someone available to discuss safe options and find additional resources. We can help provide support and talk through next steps with you. Also if you do decide you want to contact an alternative housing option or shelter you can reach out to us and we can help connect you to resources and advocate for you. Please feel free to contact us at our 24 hour hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you would like to discuss your situation more in depth. We also have an online crisis chat that is available from 4:30p to 11:30p CST. All of our services are completely confidential and anonymous and there is always someone here to help. Take care and be safe.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X