Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have reason why I want to run away...I'm going to run away...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Running away

I'm gonna run away. I'm 13 and I'm just sick of how my parents treat me. They verbally abuse me but they do it in a way that everyone else thinks they're just kidding. I live in Eagle Idaho. Is there a place nearby that I can go to like a youth shelter or something? Also what is everything I should bring with me? I want to make sure I'm prepared. And please don't tell me I should just stay because I promise you if I stay here I will probably kill myself. My stepdad told me today that if he had to have me live with him for the next five years (until I graduate) his life would be a living hell. Any help is appreciated. I'm leaving today and I'm going today so if nobody answers soon I'll just leave and hope for the best. One more thing, would the Boise Rescue Shelter take in a runaway? And is there any possible way they would let me keep my cat?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod3
    replied

Hello there,

It sounds like you’re going through a lot right now and we’re glad you decided to reach out. We’re very sorry to hear that you feel your mom hates you after finding out you are bisexual. We imagine that has been difficult to handle. For the record, we do not judge here no matter if you identify as LGBTQ and there is support out there. One resource you might find helpful is the Trevor Project which is a support network as well as a Suicide Prevention resource for young people who identify as LGBTQ.
    http://www.thetrevorproject.org/ 1-866-488-7386
    You also mentioned your dad abused you one time and we want you to know that you do not deserve to be abused. You have the right to be safe at home and if at any point you want to try and file a child abuse report, we can help you with that process.

You raise a lot of great questions as far as how you might do certain things if you ran away. We cannot tell you what decision you should make, but we can discuss different options with you. To continue discussing your situation, we encourage you to call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Or, you can try out our Live Chat program from 4:30 to 11:30pm CST. Simply click on the red “Live Chat” button on our homepage. Best of luck and stay safe!

-NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic I have reason why I want to run away...I'm going to run away...

Hi,

I'm a teen girl who is scared...I want to run away because of my family...My sister and I always fight and she always say she hates me and she wishes I died...My mom found out that I bi-sexual and she hates me for it...She always talking about God hates me and everything...My mom and dad argue all the time. Sometimes they will hit each other...My mom just had a baby and I'm even more scared...If I run away. My sister will never see me... I get bullied at school too...I can't handled my problems...I want to run away. But, I don't want to be with a relative...they might take me back home. My parents never will listen to my feelings...I got abused one time by my dad. He hit my all over my body...I was hurt...It was my sister fault but, My dad said "Since your the oldest, It's your fault", I always hated my dad and my mom... I thought about committing suicide...I cut myself. And try to drown myself many times...I had only one friend that listen to me...We both want to run away...but, we can't...we are both far away from each other...

I want to run away this summer...or maybe earlier than that...

I have so many thoughts about run away:
    How am I going to survive
    How am I going to eat
    Is it Dangerous
    How am I going to learn from school
    and so on...

I have a phone...but, If I take it with me...don't you think they will track me down..
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X