Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have reason why I want to run away...I'm going to run away...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am 11 years old and I want to run away because of family and my sister always says rude things and my papa always throws my brother against the wall and says the f*** word and I hate my parents and other things with neighbors too. and I don't like people hurt people i care about

Comment

• ccsmod9
      ccsmod9 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
      While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
      We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
      Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
      If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
      Be safe,
      NRS

I wanna run away...I have the perfect life, my parents support me in everything I do and they’re always there when I need them but there’s a bit of a problem..I’ve messed up a few times and I feel terrible afterwards and my mom finds out and gets mad when she finds the evidence, I know I shouldn’t have did it but I couldn’t help it...she makes it seem like I don’t care if she or anyone dies when in truth she’s the reason I’m depressed and if I start to cut myself, I’m always worried and stressed about everything and everyone around me, I’ve stopped caring about myself and put everyone before me but there moments when I want to deal with me I get in trouble, is there anyway or anywhere for me to run away to here in Washington (Bremerton)

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      We are very glad that you found us and have reached out. It sounds like you are in a very stressful situation, that it’s confusing when you feel like your mom supports you, but then makes it seem like you don’t care if she or anyone dies. These are mixed messages from her, and it’s understandable that that you feel worried, stressed and depressed. It can feel like cutting yourself is a way to manage feelings when they feel unmanageable. We hope that you know first aid in case you cut yourself more deeply than you intended to.

It might feel like you’ve stopped caring about yourself, but by reaching out to us, we can see that there’s a part of yourself that does care and is looking for light and hope. That’s really good! You are very brave and smart to find someone to help you. We care about you and are here to listen and to help you. We exist to help keep youth safe and off the streets.
      We did not find a shelter in Bremerton in our database, but we do have Crisis Clinic of the Peninsulas
      Counseling/Therapy. Peninsulas’ provides over-the-phone crisis intervention, information referral, and a supportive listening ear to people in our community experiencing distress.
      crisisclinicofthepeninsulas.org/
      They may be able to help you find ways to cope with your situation with your mom. We are also here to try to help you to feel better at home or to help communicate with your parents or to find a shelter or other options for you.
      We hope that you can reach out either via our telephone hotline, 1-800-runaway (1-800-786-2929) or with live chat though the website 1800runaway.org We are here for you, to listen and help.

We wish you the best.
      Sincerely,
      NRS

I'm 13 years old, a female. I were never the strong type. And I never had bad grades. My parents started fighting when I were about 7. And before that, I were abused.. Hit for standing anywhere that bothered her. I have two mums, and I've seen my father once. I always was bullied for my parents being lesbian. It's not my fault that was their sexuality. 8 years later my bio mom found a druggie girlfriend. Everything was a fight. I'm tired of all of the drama.. I just want to take off.. and never come back.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,
      Thanks for reaching out, it seems like you have been through a lot already. It seems like you are feeling frustrated by all that and wanting to leave to avoid all the drama. It sucks that your parents are fighting so much.
      If you were to leave then your parents could still file a runaway report and have the police bring you home. We also want to make sure that if you do try to leave you have a plan and somewhere safe to go. A friends’ house or another family member that you do trust are usually the go to options.
      It seems like family counseling is a potential option for you. If you wanted help looking for one, your school counselor might be able to help or you can reach out to our hotline at 1-800-RUANAWAY or chat with us online.

I want to run away but I am not sure how. My family is very toxic, when we are out my mom acts diffrent then how she acts at home. My parents make me feel like i can't do anything without getting scremed at. I try to talk to them but they ignore me or twist what I say to make my sound like a bad person. I am not absed but my mom has hit me 1 or 2 times. I have to do a lot around the house while they do nothing. I also have to watch my 2 year old sister a lot witch is very hard for me to do. They pressure me about school but when i ask for help they tell me that i need to just try harder or listen in class. Sucide has popped up in my head but i think running away is better. I live in Elizabethton, Tenneesse. I have nowhere to go because if i go with a family meber they may take me back. I need to do something soon. Thanks for taking time to read this i hope there is a shelter or advice you could give me.

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for expressing yourself and sharing your story with us. You have a right to be heard. We are sorry to hear you are dealing with a toxic home life right now. You don't deserve what you describe: the unfairness, the guilt, the pressure. You also don't deserve to be hit -- even if it's just "1 or 2 times." That still could be considered abuse, but we always leave it up to you to decide if you want to report or not. We can help with a report if that's what you choose. Totally your call.

We are pretty concerned when you talk about killing yourself. That's pretty serious. If you ever feel suicidal, please reach out for the help you deserve. The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is staffed by people trained to talk about suicide, so they are a great resource. You can reach them at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org or call 1-800-273-8255. You can also reach out to us anytime to talk about suicide or anything else on your mind. We are confidential and open 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY or by chat at www.1800runaway.org. We want you to be safe. Things can get better and you have many options besides suicide.

You mention you are thinking about running away. We don't know your age, but if you are under 18 and leave home without permission your parents could file a runaway report on you. Running away is a status offense in most states, but it's not a crime. However, if found the police could take you back home. Just so you know. Of course, if your parents give you permission to leave you would not be considered a runaway.

We did not find any shelters immediately in Elizabethton but perhaps there are some surrounding areas that you would be willing to consider for shelters. We'd like to hear your ideas about this and the best way for us to give you personalized attention would be to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are confidential and here 24/7. You can also chat with us online via the portal at www.1800runaway.org. In addition to possibly helping you find a shelter, we can just talk more about what's going on and what your best options are, even in terms of just coping with the situation you have right now. We also have a large database with resources that might help, for instance, counseling, legal aid, and the like. We hope to hear from you soon. Please stay safe!

Im about to run away for many reasons. First of all my whole family is mostly on her side since she’s “older, and more mature”. Everything mynmom tells her she forces me to do it, it’s like she’s handicapped, and she can’t walk 6 steps to get her own water, But no I have to walk to the other end of the house just to get it for her, while she talks to her friends. Even her friends feel bad for me for having her as a sister. If she had no arms, and legs I would understand, but no. When she messes something up, I get in trouble, like yesterday, I woke up, ate breakfast. And my sister gets mad at ME for not “looking at the floor and cleaning the mess” LIKE WHY WOULD I LOOK AT THE FLOOR, AND BE LIKE “OH SO INCONVENIENT A MESS ON THE GROUND SPECIFICALLY IN FRONT OF ME” like can she use her brain for once, like why would I look at the floor when im getting breakfast early. Im about to run away, im done, and tired of her tyranny.

Comment

• ccsmod16
      ccsmod16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi,
      Thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did. It sounds like things have been very difficult and stressful for you for a long time and your sister forcing you to do things that she is supposed to do and getting in trouble for things that your sister does adds to your stress and it is understandable to want to leave. If your mom isn’t listening to you, maybe writing her a letter about whats wrong would help. You can write several drafts until it feels right and communicates what you want it to say before you give it to her.

Running away is a really big decision and we hope you will access our live services because we work to help youth to be safe and off the streets.

The best way for us to help you is by talking with you through our confidential services, and we are here for you 24/7 either by calling 1-800-786-2929 or via live chat through www.1800runaway.org
      We are confidential and are here 24/7 to listen and help.
      Sincerely,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X