No announcement yet.

16 year old florida boy needing help

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 16 year old florida boy needing help

    Hello i'm a 16 year old boy from florida and need help. Earlier today I was skyping with my girlfriend and then my step-dad came home and wanted to know who I was skyping with and I said told him who I was skyping with then he laft back to work then he called my mom I guess and told her and she came home and asked who it was and I told her also then apparently he told her I was talking with a Ni*** guy and that we were talking bout popping pills and other stuff when I wasn't. And she came home pissed and she pushed me outta the chair I was sitting in and tried to jump on top of me and started trying to punch me and slap me but then I pushed her off of me and pinned her down. And told her if she don't stop i'll be forced to hit you back. And then she threatened to call the police and I was like go ahead and do it and explain how you punched me and slapped me for a lie my step dad told her and she continued to try and fight and yell then she just turned around and went back to her room. I am ready to leave this house right now and go stay with my girlfriend what do I do cause i'm going to end up getting into a fight with my step dad probably if he comes home. Would leaving for a couple days or something be a good idea? And also when I told her to stop she said she has the right to hit me and slap me and I said show me the law that say's you can and she was like ok i'll print it out and show you is there really a law that Allows parents to punch and slap their kids.

  • #2
    16 year old florida boy needing help

    It sounds like you are going through a lot right now and we are glad you reached out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you had a pretty stressful day and you are having a tough time with your mom and step-dad. How is your relationship normally with your parents? You mentioned that your mom came home and got upset with you and it even started to get physical. You do have the right to be in a safe place and to not be abused in anyway. If your mom started to get physical or was hurting you in any way you have the right to let someone know or even get Child Protective Services involved. You mentioned that you are thinking of leaving for a few days to try and cool off but unsure of what to do. If you did leave home do you have a safe place you could go? At 16 you are still a minor so if you left home without your parents knowing they would have the right to make a runaway report. Usually in most cases if a report is filed and police find you they would just bring you back home. If you do not feel safe in your home right now you could also look into talking with a youth shelter and seeing if having a cool off period could be an option.

    While we can’t make this decision for you, you can also contact us at our 24 hour hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you would like to discuss your situation more in depth. We can look up safe resources for you, provide a listening ear, and also provided services such as doing a conference call with your parents. If you think it would be helpful to talk with your parents but you want an advocate on the line with you that is a service we provide. We also have an online live chat that is available from 4:30p to 11:30p CST if you feel more comfortable reaching out that way. All of our services are completely confidential and anonymous. Take care and contact us anytime.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp