No announcement yet.

15 year old girl in Utah needing help

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 15 year old girl in Utah needing help

    My mom an I recently moved out of her boyfriends house because he was cheating on her and had hit her. But now two months later, she is moving back in with him because he says he wants to marry her now when he didn't want to before. And so no she's forcing me to move in with him. I don't want to go because I don't feel safe and I don't like what he's done to her . My mom says that's my only option other than moving in with my dad and stepmom who treat me like crap. Is there some law in Utah saying I have a right to choose to not go live with them??? My best friend says I can live with her if I need to.

  • #2
    Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline for help. It sounds like you are dealing with a very difficult situation. Because you are still a minor, your parents are still legally responsible so unfortunately you cannot leave home/live somewhere else without their permission. It sounds like you are trying to keep yourself safe and that is very important. We are available to talk 24/7 on our crisis line at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We also have online chat service every night through our website every night from 4:30-11:30 PM (Central Time). We wish you the best of luck and we are always here to listen or offer you support or resources.

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp