Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel like running away but I dont know what to do...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like running away but I dont know what to do...

My parents sometimes are really abusive. My mom threatens to spank me daily and my dad threatened to break my leg.
    This might also be really dumb but I feel like running away even if I don't have anyone to go to. And I only have internet friends (But we Skype face to face a lot). And when I try to be nice to them they always say i have no respect for them and it makes me feel depressed. My family doesn't really like me either when it comes to relationship and other things related...
    I don't know what to do because I am so confused.
    Please help me. Thank you!

Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us about what’s going on. It sounds like you are in a scary situation right now and it’s great that you have contacted us; it is very brave of you to tell someone about what’s going on. Hopefully, we can help you find some resources that will help you stay safe.

We are sorry to hear that you are being abused at home; nobody deserves to feel unsafe or scared at home. Have you told anyone else about what’s going on? If you feel comfortable talking with a trusted adult (such as a school counselor or teacher), they may also be able to help you stay safe. Another option you may have is to file a report with Child Protective Services. If you were to do that, they may do an investigation and come up with a plan for your family. This option may seem scary but if you would like to explore this more, please call us here and we can definitely help you with that.

You mentioned that you are thinking of leaving home but aren’t sure where you would go. We also want you to know that it’s not dumb to leave home if you are feeling unsafe; your safety is very important and we are here to help you feel safe. It sounds like you have friends online and that you talk with them a lot; it’s great that you have support in others outside of your family.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are a confidential and anonymous hotline for youth. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) if you would like to talk more about what’s going on. You can also reach us via chat from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST), 7 days a week if you would rather talk with us that way; chat services can be found on our website (www.1800runaway.org).

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X