Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm an adult college student with a shortage of money.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm an adult college student with a shortage of money.

I can't seem to find a job. My Family is stupid and lets my Uncle insult me. I'm a college student and 21 years old. I tried running away but, everybody was upset so I came home.I had ran away yesterday at 1am. I didn't get enough Financial Aid for on campus housing. I need a place to stay. Last night, I was at Motel 6. It feels like I'm never going to be respected. My Family relies on me to care for my Grandma even though, my Sister(who lives here too) is fully capable of caring for her. A cop told me yesterday, he didn't want me to go home. I care about my Sister & Grandmother but, it's very stressful having my Uncle & his girlfriend coming over to tell me off. Can you help me?

re: I'm an adult college student with a shortage of money.

Thanks for reaching out, it sounds like you’re going through a hard time. No one deserves to be insulted, and we are sure that adds a lot of stress on you trying to finish school and take care of financial aid. We do have help available at National Runaway Safeline that you may be interested in if you need a place to live. We are a resource directory for shelters all over the country. To give which shelters to help, we’ll need to know your age, sex, and city. To expedite the search, you can also call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY to speak with a liner who can assist you.

It sounds like it was really important to you go back and support your grandma. How did running away work out the first time for you and your family? If you want to call in or chat with us (from 4:30-11:30pm CST) we're here to help you explore other options available and provide the support that we can.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X