Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Best Friend!

hi..i havent ever written on this site before..but i NEED help with my best friend..

shes always talking about leaving && running away..see her mom ran away when she was younger && ended up dying because of it.. I dont want the same thing to happen to my bff..
    its scary to hear her talk about her home life being 'horrible' & 'abusive', i have told her to call CHild protective services..but she doesnt want her dad to find out..=[ then im always speechless on what to say.
    Please HELP!

Re: My Best Friend!

Hi, thanks for contacting us. It sounds like you are very concerned about your friends well-being. You mentioned that her homelife is "horrible and abusive". What kind of abuse is going on? You mentioned she didn't want her father to find out that she is telling people about this. Is he involved in the abuse? If your friend really needs to leave home, she can call us and we can help her find a safe place like a shelter for her to go. We can also help her report the abuse and stay safe.

You sound like a great friend. She is lucky to have you.

We are here 24/7. Call us whenever you need.

Good luck,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

i'm going through about the same thing really my friend is being hurt bad by her mom just keep telling ur friend to talk don't let it down but don't nagg remind her or tell her to just talk to the school nurse or something about it or the consuler tell her to write her a note just about how she feels what ever makes her feel better support her theres a time to be supportive and then theres a time to be confrontive support for a little while if theres no improvement tell her or take action on your own they can file a report from you but she has to talk to get it rollin' it will make u feel better and feel like your doing more every little thing helps also your friend may be mad at u but they will get over it and thank you in the end i promise what your doing is great good luck!

Comment

Thanks for posting on our boards and encouraging other posters. It helps a little to know that there are others out there going through the similar things, doesn't it? You offered some great insight on how the previous poster can really help her friend. It sounds like you're struggling watching your friend be hurt by her mom. She's lucky to have a friend that cares as much as you do! We encourage you to stick by your friend and continue to help her in anyway you can, even if she may not like it at the time like you wrote. It would be great if everyone out there had a friend as devoted as you are. Please remember we're here 24 hours a day if you or your friend ever wants to call us. We'd be happy to talk to you more in depth about what's going on, how you're feeling and coping with it all. Someone is always available, day or night.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
        x
        x
        Working...
        X