Running away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running away

I'm 17 and im thinking of running away. I don't have a place to run to and i don't have money. My parents treat me terrible. They beaten me with a hard wooden board and left bruises. they make me do excessive amount of excercises like pushups and situps and even shoved me to the floor and kicked me.

RE: Running away

Hi there,

Thanks for posting here tonight and sharing your story with us. There’s no question that you’re going through so much. Your parents are absolutely wrong to treat you that way. You don’t deserve that at all. You have the right to a safe place to live. We’re sorry that you’re going through all of this and we want to let you know that it was brave of you to contact us tonight. So let’s see how we can help you out.

It sounds like you’re in the need of a safe place to and stay. One thing that we would be able to do for you is to look up shelters or safe places in your area. There may be some that would be able to help you get on your feet and become more independent. If you call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) we would be able to look up those places for you.

There’s no question that your parents treat you poorly. One option that you have is to make an abuse report with that state. The state might remove you from your home and put you in a supportive living environment.

We are here to talk through other options you have or to answer any questions that you have about the above options. You can call us 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are completely confidential and anonymous. If you can’t call in, you can chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Time.

We look forward to your call or chat and wish you the very best,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X