15..depressed ,suiciadal, angry parents..need help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15..depressed ,suiciadal, angry parents..need help

I told my parents that I had a boyfriend, they made me break up with him... I was fine because we are really good friends but I told my mom about my suicidal thoughts and depression. They blame it on him and blocked his number on my phone he is one of three people that I trust and talk to. They get mad at me daily now for a week. They got upset because I told them that I visited my councilor. I need help. Please I want to runaway but I fear that it will only make it worse..

re: 15..depressed ,suiciadal, angry parents..need help

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have a lot going on right now and it was very brave of you to contact us. Sometimes telling someone about things that are going on can be incredibly difficult and scary; it’s great that you have told us.

We are sorry to hear about the difficult situation that you are in with your parents, and that you have been unable to speak with one of the people you trust the most. You mentioned having suicidal thoughts recently, are you still having those thoughts? If so, you can always reach out to the National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).

You also said that your parents got upset because you visited your counselor. Is this a counselor at school or somewhere else? If you are thinking about seeking further help, and are worried about your parents finding out, you may have some options. In some cases minors may be able to talk with a counselor several times before they have to contact a parent/guardian. Most counselors will let a youth know what their guidelines are before talking with them. Keep in mind that you can also feel free to give us a call at our 24 hour hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). All of our services are completely confidential and anonymous. We also have the ability to look up resources, such as counseling or even safe places you can go, if that is something you would like help with. We also have an online live chat that is available from 4:30p to 11:30p CST daily. Please know that we are here for you, even if you just need to talk. There is always someone here to listen. Take care.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X