Cutting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting

Ok, so I've posted before, and my mother is bi-Polar and she has made my life just unimaginably difficult. So I ran away and I was gone for a month and a half before the cops found me and arrested me. Well, now I am couped up in my house unable to go to school for my last year, they make me do online. Unable to have a job, which I've always had a job since I was 14. And unable to go anywhere. The cops found me in December, it is now Feburary and Im still being held pretty much prisioner in this house. This is the place that I hate more than anything and Im still here! Im here more than ever. I never see any where but here!
    So I started cutting. It seems like the only thing that I can control. My bother found out and he asked me why I hurt myself and the truth is, It doesnt hurt. It doesnt hurt at all actually.
    I am not by any means sucidal. Im not doing this to try and kill myself. If I were to kill myself I would find a much easier way like taking pills or something. I just do this because I dont know its like a release. It makes me feel better. I dont know why, but I just like to do it. Seeing the blood gives me a feeling of... Of well, accomplishment.
    Is it really all that bad, if it makes me happier? If it makes things easier to deal with? If it is something that I enjoy? I know that It sounds really sick and demented, but I really do like to do it.
    Is it really that bad of a thing if it keeps me sane? If I have no intentions of killing myself and cutting helps me? Is it really that bad of a thing?

Re: Cutting

Hi,
    thanks for posting.
    We're sorrry to hear about the situation you are going through at home.
    when you came home after being a runaway was counseling ever considered as a means to better the situation between you and your mom? So as a result of the problems at home you have found cutting gives you some relief.? Was your brother discovering the fact that you cut the reason your question about it being wrong has come about? You've made your feelings quite clear that because you cut does not mean you will try and kill yourself however please keep in mind that even though it is not your intention to commit suicide accidents do happen. We understand your reasoning for cutting and how it brings a since of control, release and accomplishment. Have you given any thought to what you would do if it no longer does those things for you? What if any other options had you tried before cutting? Do you have any hobbies or interests like writting poetry, music, reading, working out. How about calling a friend or chatting online with a friend when you are feeling stressed out or calling Our 1-800-runaway hotline available 24hrs. One of the things we try to do here at NRS is not to sit in judgement about the problems or situations our callers, posters, Etc. face. What we can do is offer you some referral information regarding cutting should you want to seek more knowledge or help on the subject.
    kids health.org has information that could be of some interest to you.
    It is our hope that we have provided a since of service to you and would really like to hear from you on our 1-800-runaway 24hr hotline so whenever you would like to talk or just have someone listen always know we are here.

Take Care
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

trust me i know how u feel cuz i used to do the same thing. i stopped cuz i found other things in life to live for. i wasn't gonna kill myself but i thought about it but im 2 chicken s*** to actually do it. best of luck :P

Comment

Thanks for offering your support to Kat. Does it help to know that there are other people going through similar things? Sometimes having a support network can be comforting and I hope that this bulletin board offers some relief. If you ever feel like talking to someone about what is going on, you can always call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are here to listen in a non-judgmental way and can also refer you to people in your area who may be able to help you.

Take Care
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X