No announcement yet.

16, Colorado... I need to leave home. Please help.

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 16, Colorado... I need to leave home. Please help.

    I need to runaway. I am overwhelmed with stress of school and my home life. I live with my aunt and her ex-boyfriend and I hate living with him. My aunt works all the time and is terrible with money so we are never going to move out. I have verbal fights with her ex daily and he is really creepy with me. He whistles at me, asks me to put him to sleep by laying with him, and he is always to close to me. I get mean to isolate myself from him which doesn't really work. I have talked to my aunt about all of this and she keeps telling me to hang in there which I cant anymore. My aunt has talked to her ex about the way I feel and then he gets mean with me by calling me bad names and says stuff like I never think about you in a sexual way. Which it feels like he clearly does. I have no one else I can live with. I do not have parents and I have lived with my grandma but the environment was not good for me. We fought all of the time, thus lead me to drink, smoke, and self harm. I have yet to go back to those while living with my aunt but I want to go back to those things to cope with my sweet living situation. I cant go to CPS Social Services because I cant do that to the rest of my siblings whom live with my grandma. She is good for them but they wont see it like that because some of my other siblings have gotten in fights with my grandma and they will say its a pattern but its not. WE were raised differently from my younger siblings but they would take them and blame it on her and say she's unfit. I've done my research. My guardians will not let me live anywhere else so I need to runaway. I just need help on how to and where to go. I need a plan. I don't have money so I need a cheap plan. Please help me out.

  • #2
    16,Colorado... I need to leave home. Please help.

    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    It sounds like you are in a really uncomfortable situation. You should have the right to feel safe in your environment. your aunts ex's behavior sounds very inappropriate it’s good that you are standing up and letting your aunt know what’s happening. This must be very difficult for you.
    Good for you for staying focused and looking for positive ways to cope. We understand your concerns about contacting CPS and having the possibility of your siblings being removed from your grandmother’s home it’s very noble of you to think about them.
    We cannot speculate what action would be taken but we can assist you with getting information via a conference call to the CPS office in your county or state. You have the option to remain anonymous.

    How does that sound?

    Tell us how we might help you at NRS.

    Are you looking for services for alternative housing?

    Your safety is most important. Would it be okay if you and your aunt try coming up with a plan of action for you to get to a safe place anytime you feel unsafe being alone with her ex?

    To get information or a referral for possible emergency youth shelters/safe place in your area you can contact our 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) 24hr crisis line. We would be glad to discuss your situation and what options might be available to you. An alternative is to visit and use our live chat option to discuss your situation. NRS live chat is available 4:30pm until 11:30pm (CST).

    Thank you for reaching out to NRS.

    Take Care,
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 11-07-2013, 03:09 AM.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove