Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 23 and my mom is going to kick me out of the house...I have nowhere to go

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 23 and my mom is going to kick me out of the house...I have nowhere to go

My family can't and won't take me in - they side with my mom. I have friends who may be able to take me in, but not on short notice, and not for long...and they live 45 minutes away from where I live. I don't have a job, and I only have about $150...I don't know what to do.

Re: I'm 23 and my mom is going to kick me out of the house...I have nowhere to go

Hello there,

It sounds like you’re going through a rough time and are presently being kicked out of your mother’s home. We imagine it is stressful to not know where you are going to be living. We do have some adult housing resources in our database, so if we know your city/state we can do a more thorough search. In the meantime, you could check out United Way/211. http://www.211.org/ Not all, but many cities/states offer 211 which is social service directory and many offer their databases online.

There is also Homeless Shelter Directory too. http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/ They offer a starting point while searching for shelters; all you have to do is enter your city/state. Hopefully that gives you a start and we wish you the best of luck.

You can also contact us directly either by calling us 24/7 AT 1-800-RUNWAY (786-2929). Or, we offer Live Chat every day from 4:30 to 11:30pm. Simply click on the red Live Chat button on our home page.

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Kicked out by your mom

I'm.23 I have 2 year old son we have no where to go my mom kicked me of her house

Comment

RE: Kicked out by your mom

Hello There,

Thanks for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It is a great first step to finding the information and support that you may need. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time and soon will leave you and your child homeless.
        We could definitely try to help find some safe places for you both to stay in by utilizing our database. If you call us at 1800-RUNAWAY we could be able to possibly refer some resources that are in your city and state. If you have internet access, you can also find some resources at this link: http://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/
        We should mention that the resources found on this website are not in any affiliation with us at NRS. The resources in our database are frequently updated and services are verified.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Best Wishes,
        NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

My parents are kicking me out and I’m 17 with no job and I don’t have any friends to live with I also have no money to my name

Comment

Reply: My parents are kicking me out

Hello,
            Thank you for writing to us here at the National Runaway Safeline.

We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We are not legal experts but in general at 17 it may be illegal for your parent’s to do this. We understand how upsetting this must be for you. You might consider contacting the non-emergency number to your local police department for more inforrmation on the law.
            We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.

Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
            If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to or seek emergency assistance immediately.
            We hope to hear from you soon.

Take care,
            NRS

We hope this response was helpful! We’d love to hear from you about your experience using our crisis email/forum. Your feedback plays an important role in helping us improve our services to youth and families. Please click the link to fill out our survey: Your Opinion Matters to Us

Comment

I’m 27 and no luck at finding a job and as well as my sister she’s 19 and we live with my mom many reasons why we stay with her still with the age we have but my mom she’s been so mean and wants us out and we have no money and no jobs and I go threw depression I feel hopeless and I have so much stress I cry every night cause I’m so done with so much problems my sister and i need help please help us we need a nice place to live until we get on our feets.

Comment

• ccsmod7
                ccsmod7 commented
                Editing a comment
                Hi there, thanks for reaching out today. Sounds like you are in a difficult situation needing to move out of your mom's house with your sister, but not having the finances to do. It's clear that the stress has really taken a toll on you. Here at NRS, we truly want to be a support for you during this difficult time.

Unfortunately, our database is limited with adult resources, so we may or may not have a resource in our database that could help house both you and your sister. Please call or chat us: 1-800-RUNAWAY or www.1800runaway.org if you would like us to see what resources we have in your area. You might also reach out to 2-1-1 by calling that 3 digit number or going to www.211.org. They are the United Way information and referral line to all the local shelter and permanent housing resources for adults. You might also ask them if they have any employment assistance programs in the area.

Again, please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you would like us to look for resources. We truly wish you and your sister the best of luck,

NRS
            Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            x
            Working...
            X