I'm 18 and I want to live with my aunt without my parent consent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 18 and I want to live with my aunt without my parent consent

I'm tired of living with my parents and I'm ready to move out can I live with my aunt without their consent?
    If I leave without them knowing can they force me to go back and live with them?

re: I'm 18 and I want to live with my aunt without my parent consent

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us tonight. It sounds like you’re going through a lot at your parent’s house and are ready to start a new life with your aunt. The law can be a bit tricky, so we’re glad that you reached out for some support. So let’s see how we can help you out.

We are not legal experts here, but we are able to talk about what might happen in general. If you are 18, you are able to leave your parent’s house without your parent’s permission. In a couple states (Mississippi/Alabama) your parents have responsibility over you until you are a few years old than 18. If you are not in those states, you are able to leave your parent’s home and they would not be able to force you back home.

We hope this information helps. If you have any questions or would like to talk more, you can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) at anytime. We are available 24 hours a day and completely anonymous and confidential. If you can’t call in, you can chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Time.

We look forward to your call or chat.

Best of luck to you,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X