i wanna run Away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i wanna run Away

My grandmother is the only person I have I stole something from her and she says she hate me and want me to leave that's the reason why pleas help me I've been a good child and at times I'm bad I've been better but no matter what I do she screams hollers and whoops me with a belt can u give me places I can go please!!

re: i wanna run Away

Hi there,

Thank you so much for writing to us today. It sounds like you are going through a really tough time and that you are struggling with your grandmother. We are glad you reached out to us and want to help in any way we can.

First of all, we definitely want to make sure that you are in a safe environment. Therefore, one important clarification question to think about is whether you would want to report your grandmother’s behavior as abuse? We know this can be a difficult and complicated question, so we can definitely talk more about your situation with you via our anonymous and confidential hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We can talk about what’s going on with your grandmother. Furthermore, we can help you take the necessary steps to get into a safe environment. Another option is to call the Rape Abuse Incest National Network (RAINN) at 1-800-656-4673. Individuals at this hotline can also talk through your difficult situation and explore potential options with you.

There are additional options you can explore with regard to housing. There is an organization called Safe Place, which provides a number of locations nation-wide for kids in crisis. Without your city and state, we cannot locate the Safe Place closest to you, but you can find it on their website: http://nationalsafeplace.org. Here at the National Runway Safeline, we also have access to a number of youth shelters and transitional living places throughout the country. One important factor to consider is that many shelters will not accept minors (kids who are under 1 without parental or guardian consent. This age requirement might make it difficult for you to go to a shelter if your grandmother doesn’t want you to go to a shelter. With this in mind, are there any other places you can go if you see that you and grandmother are about to get into an argument? For example, if you see that your grandmother is in a bad mood or getting angry, can you go to a friend or neighbor’s house? Finding safe places to go might help you avoid these difficult fights with your grandmother.

Finally, if you are not able to find a different place to go permanently or when you and grandmother are arguing, it might be helpful to think of some activities that can keep you out of the house. Staying out of the house by engaging in extracurricular activities may prevent fights with your grandmother or at least decrease the frequency of the fights. For instance, is there an after-school tutoring program or sports team or club you can join? Or can you do homework at a friend’s house until dinner time? We can definitely discuss these options or think of more options that would work for you if you can call our hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY.

We really want you to feel safe and comfortable emotionally and physically. Is there someone you can talk to about the experiences you are going through, such as a school counselor or friend? Talking to someone supportive might help you cope with the emotional difficulties of this tough situation.

Again, we really want to help in any way possible. If you want additional information, resources, or just someone supportive to talk to, definitely call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat online with one of our crisis counselors via our website from 4:30 p.m to 11:30 p.m Central Time. We hope to talk more with you soon.

Sincerely,

The Staff at the National Runaway Safeline
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X