Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18 n pregnant finishing up school, i just have some questions.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 n pregnant finishing up school, i just have some questions.

I live with my mom grandma and two brothers, I'm 4 months pregnant and i know that this house hold is unfit for my child and have no where else to go, the only one in the house hold that i have a problem with is my grandma, we constantly fight and its hard on me because even before i was pregnant we would get in to fights, she is rude and disrespectful and i don't want my child to grow up around her. My mom wont move out because she doesn't want to leave her mom alone in the house and we cant put her in a nursing home because she to healthy. I just want some advice on where i could possibly go to get housing help because i cant get a job right now because I'm still in high school and need to focus on how to get ready for my child when it gets here, but i know i cant stay here much longer because it is so stressful on me , i don't want to become to stressed and lose the baby, I'm also single the fathers child is gone so I'm pretty much alone, can any one help me ? Please?

RE: 18 n pregnant finishing up school, i just have some questions

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us during this difficult time. It sounds like you are currently in an unsafe situation and want what is best for you and your baby. Have you talked to anyone at your school such as a guidance counselor or trusted teacher about what is going on at home? Sometimes there are shelter programs for pregnant and parenting teens that may be able to help you. If you felt comfortable calling us, we would be more than happy to look up places in your area and contact them along with you.

It also sounds like you have been having a lot of trouble with your grandma. Sometimes family counseling can help. We have a large database of resources available to us and can find some counseling or legal services that may be able to help. Planned Parenthood at 1-800-230-7526 can help you explore what options you have and what you will need for the baby.
    Here at the National Runaway Safeline we will not tell you what you should or shouldn’t do. We can however offer support and help you explore options. We are confidential, anonymous and toll-free. We can be reached at any time a 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929) or by live chat at www.1800runaway.org from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X