No announcement yet.

Just some questions Im worrying about

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just some questions Im worrying about

    Im 16 turning 17 in December. Ive been havin problems with my parents ever since i could remember. Im waitin until i turn 18 to move out but i have no idea if i actually can. Honestly there were times I almost ran away because its to suffocatin to live with them. Also, me n my bf been thinkin bout some stuff especially seein how we both want children at an early age. Tht was also thx to a year ago i was almost pregnant. Funny thin is I did want a baby n he did as well so we were pretty much destroyed when I wasnt. Im worried tht if we do go through this tht he'd be sent to jail. Im not sure if he really would be. He is 18. My questions are what could happen if i do end up pregnant some time soon. N how can i move out, if i dont get pregnant, by time i turn 18. I know its silly to want to start a family this early. But its our choice n honestly we both want this. I guess I just really need some advice.

  • #2
    re: Just some questions Im worrying about


    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear about the way you have been feeling at home. It sounds like you would like to move out so you can start a family with your boyfriend. In most states you have to be at least 16, enrolled in school, and/or capable of managing your own financial affairs in order to file for emancipation. It seems that emancipation is not granted solely on the basis of a minor becoming pregnant or having a child. Whether or not your boyfriend can get into legal trouble for the age difference depends on the state you reside in. The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services has a list of state laws that describes the legal of age of consent and various circumstances ( If you would like additional informational, we can provide legal aid referrals for your state.

    We do not provide advice because are non-directive. However we can discuss possible options. Emancipation, receiving parental permission, or court order are some of the few ways that minors are able to legally move out. Since we do not have a legal background, we are limited with the questions we can answer.

    We hope the information provided helps. Remember our hotline is toll-free, anonymous, confidential, and available 24/7. Our hotline can be reached by dialing 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Live Chat is available daily between 4:30pm and 11:30pm CST.

    Best Wishes

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif