Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 and needing help/advice

I live with my mom and grandmother, but i cant talk to them about anything. My only family member that I can talk to about anything going on in my life is my dad, but he live about an hour away. Thats why I am thinking of running away this next summer and returning before school starts back up again. I want to live at my friends' houses so I can experience the world a different way. I hope to learn how to support myself away from my family.

Re: 15 and needing help/advice

Hello,
    Thanks for reaching out. What seems to be going on that you need to leave your mom and grandma’s place? Are you allowed to visit your dad? Would it be possible to move in with him next summer or as if you can spend the summer somewhere else?

If you’re looking for options or answers, let us know what your questions are. We’re an anonymous, confidential and 24 hour crisis hotline. We can explore whatever you’d need and see if there’s any way that we can advocate for you.

Hope to hear from you soon,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

My grandma is always yelling at me when I try to do anything she doesn't approve of(almost everything), and I feel like she hates me just because I am a male. My parents have a sort of joint-custody where me and my sister are supposed to go to his house every other weekend, but my mom and grandma don't want us to go over there, and when my sister doesn't want to go, I can't go even if I want to. It probably isn't going to be possible to spend the summer at his house, and there's an even smaller chance of them allowing me to spend it somewhere else either.

Comment

Re: 15 and needing help/advice

Hi again,

I'm sorry to hear that it sounds like you're caught in the middle of a tough situation. It must be hard to be away from your dad when you're not getting along with other family members. One option that you might have is to talk with someone who you trust who might be able to give you some guidance. This could be someone at school or another family member.

We are also here to help and listen so know that you are not alone. It sounds like the summer is a long way off and things could change by the time you are supposed to stay with him. We are completely anonymous and confidential so anything else you want to talk about will stay between us. We are opened 24/7 so feel free to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). If you can’t call in, you can chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Time.

We look forward to your call or chat.

Best of luck to you,

NRS
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
        x
        x
        Working...
        X