Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 13 and I want to run away

My parents are constantly screaming at me and at each other, just never at my brother. My brother does a lot worse things then me, yet my parents have a screaming fit and swear and call me worthless if I leave a shirt on my floor. My mom is the one who does all of the verbal abuse, but she screams at my dad until he joins in.
    My brother calls me fat, ugly, worthless, stupid and other names constantly, which doesn't bother me too much. It's mostly that my mom calls me worthless, stupid, lazy, and swears at me all the time. Today she told me that she's ashamed to be my mother. It's getting to be too much and I just want to leave and run away. I feel worthless and like no one really needs me to survive. My friends will all have each other and my parents wouldn't care much either. I don't have grandparents, they're dead, my mom's side of the family hates her, and my dad's side of the family all are constantly drunk and don't care about me either. School is the only place I feel wanted, but even there I'm made fun of and feel like I'm being compared to all of my friends. They all have boyfriends and other people to rely on other then me.
    Running away just seems so much better.

Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us about what is going on. It sounds like you are in a very difficult situation at home right now and we are sorry to hear that. Nobody deserves to feel unsafe or be screamed at. We are also sorry to hear that your brother calls you name as well.

It sounds like you are feeling pretty upset right now and feel that if you were to leave, nobody would notice that you are gone. We are sorry to hear that you feel this way; have you talked with any of your friends about the way that you are feeling? Sometimes it may seem that our friends are often busy and have a lot of other things going on but when we need them, they are there. Reaching out and trying to talk with them may help you to clear this up and help you out.

You mentioned that you are thinking about running away from home because it seems better. If you left home, do you have a plan? Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are a confidential and anonymous crisis line for youth so you can reach us here at anytime. We can talk through what’s going on and try to help you find resources or options if you do leave home. We are completely non directive so we wouldn’t tell you what to do but we would just listen to what you say. You can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our chat services from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST) if you would rather talk with us that way.

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X