I want to run away...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to run away...

I'm turning thirteen in a few weeks and I want to run away.

My mom has called me worthless, a disapointment, talentless, and hits me for no reason.

My sisters are mean to me, and I don't really have friends.

My dad beat my sister up the other day, and she had bruises and scrathes on her arms and stomach because he dragged her by the hair and kicked her repeatedly.

I live in Rhode Island and I have saved up money, but I don't know where to go.

I have attempted suicide thrice, and I don't want to die painfully, I want a new start on life.

What should I do?

RE: I want to run away

Hello there,

We are sorry to hear that you are going through such a terrible time right now. It sounds like your dad is physically abusive, nobody deserves to be abused or made to feel unsafe in their own home. Have you ever considered reporting it? You do have the right to feel safe. If you need help reporting, you have several different options. One would be to contact the police or Child Protective Services directly. Another option would be to contact a trusted teacher or counselor and have them help you with the process. A third option would be to call us and we could help you report this abuse. Although we are confidential and anonymous, we are also mandated reporters. This means that if you give us identifying information we are required by law to report it.

You also mentioned that you have been thinking about suicide. The National Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-TALK is available for you 24/7 and would be more than happy to talk to you about what you have been going through. We think you are very brave for reaching out when you need help.

We can be reached at any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929) or by live chat at www.1800runaway.org from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck. Stay safe!

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X