Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice

I need help. Every single time I do something wrong. Not bad, but just.. Not perfect. My mom goes off. Last night, I was late home and called her to come get me. She stormed into my boyfriends house and started full fledged SCREAMING at both of us. Cussing me out. She tore off my boyfriends necklace. yelling about how irresponsible his parents are. When just the night before she had been totally drunk, and she clawed the hell out of my arm. It was bleeding for about a half hour. Now im grounded for a month. And she comes up every few minutes to scream. What do I even do?

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline for help. It sounds like a difficult situation with your mom. Have you ever talked to anyone else about it?

Nobody deserves to be hurt verbally or physically, and we want to do our best to help you. Your safety is important. If you would like to file an abuse report, you are welcome to contact our crisis hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY (1-800-786-2929). We are available 24/7/365 and can assist you with filing a child abuse report by taking down the information you provide and contacting child protective services. Is that something you might be interested in?

We also have a national database of resources if you would like us to help you locate an emergency shelter (safe place) in your area. Just so you know, most shelters will need to contact your mom to let her know you are staying there and may need her permission for you to stay. We would be happy to talk to you about what is available in your area.

To find out more about the options listed above or come up with some other ideas on what you can do, you can reach us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are completely confidential and anonymous. If you aren’t comfortable with calling us, we also have online chat services that are available from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST) on our website (www.1800runaway.org).

Thank you again for contacting us for help at the National Runaway Safeline.

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X