Running away

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running away

I'm extremely depressed and feel that I need to get out of here. I have tried running away before. I don't know what to do. Help?

Thank you for reaching out to us and telling us a little bit about what is going on. It sounds like you are having some difficulties at home and are thinking about running away. We are sorry to hear about this and we think it’s great that you have reached out to us.

You said that you had tried running away before; can you tell us more about that? If you were to leave home again, we can try to help you out by finding a shelter or a safe place to go. We can also help calling them to see if they have any availability for you. It also sounds like you are feeling depressed right now and we are sorry to hear that. There is a hotline, the National Suicide Hotline, that is also available for people to call and talk with someone. Their number is 1-800-273-8255 and they are available 24 hours a day.

Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are a confidential and anonymous crisis line for youth or their families. If you would like to talk more about what’s going on, you can reach us 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Also, we have online chat services that are available from 4:30 PM-11:30 PM (CST), 7 days a week if you would rather talk with us that way instead; those can be found on our website at www.1800runaway.org.

We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck!

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X