No announcement yet.


  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Help!

    Okay I'm 15 years old and my dads side of the family wants nothing to do with me and I live with my mom and she is moving me down to Florida from Michigan and I have friends and a girlfriend in Michigan and my girlfriends grandparents said I could live with them but my mom won't let me, but my mom is not stable and has been in trouble with CPS before is there anything I can do to live with my girlfriends grandparents??? Please help!

  • #2
    Re: Help!

    Hello there,

    We’re very glad you reached out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. We are very sorry your mom is moving you out of state. We imagine moving away from your friends and girlfriend would be very difficult. It sounds like you are seriously considering living with your girlfriend’s grandparents. We are not legal experts here, but one option would be contacting either a lawyer or some type of legal aid to try and figure out if guardianship transfer might be something worth trying.

    We are not sure where in Michigan you are located, but here is one legal aid resource for the Metro Detroit area. If that is not near where you are located, we can search other cities too.

    Legal Aid and Defender Association

    We would be happy to continue discussing your situation with you. We encourage you to contact us directly either through our Live Chat (big red button at which is open every day from 4:30 to 11:30pm CST. Or, we have our 24 hour crisis line, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). Hope that helps a bit and best of luck!

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp