HELP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP

I live with my mom. My dad is coming for me today for his court ordered visitation. I dont want to go. Last time I was there he was abusive towards me. Can the police force me to go with him?

Re: HELP

Hello

thank you for contacting NRS. We are sorry to hear that your dad is abusive towards you. We can imagine you must feel scared. Have you tried to report him before or mention this to anybody? What has your mom said about this?

If you feel unsafe to go with your dad, the police shouldn't make you go but its not guaranteed. It sounds like you may need some legal referrals. They may be better equipped to answer your question. If you would like some local referrals please call our 24 hour confidential hotline at 1800-Runaway.

Here is a national number that may also help answer your question. Its for Justice for Children and they can provide some legal advocacy for you. Their number is 1800-422-4453.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X