dunno what 2 do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dunno what 2 do

im m/13 n i ran away from home cuz my mom yells at me all the time n my dad hates me cuz of somethin real bad with dads best freind anyways i cant go home cuz my dad hits all the time . n i dunno what 2 do. tj

Re: dunno what 2 do

Thanks for writing to us. It sounds like things haven’t been easy for you at home. We are so sorry to hear that your mom always yells at you and that your dad hits you. No one deserves to be treated that way, especially by their parents. We’re glad that you felt comfortable reaching out to us tonight and hope that we can help in some way. You mentioned that you ran away from home, are you in a safe place right now? Safety is a very important thing. How long have you been gone? Have you ever run away before? If so, what happened last time you ran? Do you think your parents are looking for you? When you left home, what was your plan? Or rather what were you hoping to get out of leaving home?

One thing that’s important in situations like yours is that you feel like you’re supported and have people around you that you feel care. Do you have anyone you can turn to when you need to? Someone you trust and feel comfortable talking to? We are definitely available if you feel like you want to just talk about what’s going on and how you’re feeling. Someone is ready to answer the phone 24 hours a day. We can also help talk over what you want to see happen, possible options and help you come up with a safe plan of action.

Have you ever thought about reporting your dad to Child Protective Services (CPS)? This is a right that you have if he’s hitting you. You have the right to live in a safe environment without fear of being hurt. Every state has a number you can call to make a report. Once a report is made, the next step is an investigation done by CPS in which they usually talk to you, your parents, friends, relatives, school staff, etc. If you’re not comfortable calling in by yourself, we are more than willing to help you call. If you want to just talk more about this as a possibility, we can do just that. We aren’t CPS, so we can’t tell you exactly what would happen but we can talk to you about the generals we know. Just so you know, we’re mandated reporters here so if you did call and mentioned the hitting, if you also gave your name, dad’s name and an address or phone number, we would be required by law to report it. However, we don’t ever ask for this info nor do we need it, so if you don’t want to report it just don’t give us this info.

We’re 100% confidential, so if you never have to worry that we’ll track your call or tell anyone that you called or what we talked about. Please feel free to call anytime if you want to talk more. We’re here to help. Best of Luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

im ok cuz these plp i met on my computer is comin 2 get me n there cool better then home anyways. ty. tj

Comment

Thanks for contacting NRS again. We are glad to see your are ok but we are wondering who are these people you met on the computer? How comfortable do you feel going with someone you don't know very well. You mentioned that these people are cool. What makes them cool?

If you need to talk about other options as well please feel free to call at 1800-Runaway.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X